Rentals in Brownsburg>Question Details

hjackson450bc, Renter in Brownsburg, IN

I am looking to rent a house in the Brownsburg, IN area and I'm not finding much available. What is a good way to locate a rental home in this?

Asked by hjackson450bc, Brownsburg, IN Wed Apr 3, 2013

area?

Answers

2
There are 5 or 6 homes for rent in my neighborhood, ranging in size. All built around 2007 or 08. They are all held by different agencies, but are all in the Branches Neighborhood, off 750n and 1000e. Also in town there are several owned, and leased out by Dan Moore real estate.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 20, 2013
unfortunately, finding a home in Brownsburg or even most of Central Indiana is very difficult. A few years when the market spiraled and many families were faced with short-sales or a foreclosure, those families didn't want to move out of a home they were used to and into an apartment. At that time, rentals became very sought-after and in turn very hard to find as well. The market is very much improving, however, finding a rental is still difficult. You might want to consider Rent - to - own or if possible purchasing a home. The interest rates are still at an all-time low which means you can afford much more than you could 5-6 years ago when the interest rates were doubled what they are now. I can send you a grid that will show what a basic mortgage payment would be depending on the price of the home and the current interest rate.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me via my email address or by phone.

Have a wonderful day!!

Kim
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 3, 2013
Thank you for your response. I work in finance for the SBA and see your point. In a year or two I may be ready to buy a home again. My boyfriend & I will be moving into together and before we move into the "we're buying a house" phase, I want us to rent for at least year. I'll keep looking... Thanks!
Flag Wed Apr 3, 2013