Rentals in Cerritos>Question Details

ccarpenterha…, Renter in Los Angeles, CA

I am looking to rent a home in Cerritos or Chino Hills. Which area has a better Middle/High School?

Asked by ccarpenterhall, Los Angeles, CA Wed Jan 30, 2013

Looking for exceptional middle and high school and a safe community.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Cerritos

Answers

4
As a proud product of Cerritos schools, I can attest to the exceptional quality of the school system. I've been to a lot of schools throughout LA and OC in my youth, and by far Cerritos harvested the best qualities as a student out of me. There is a definite competitive climate here that is not for everyone, and I can easily understand that, as there was a slight adjustment period for me. However, I also have to say I probably wouldn't be the same person without attending the schools here. Of course, as another person mentioned, Whitney High School is among the TOP high schools in the nation and is a public institution. I can't say that it's really any better than, let's say, Cerritos High School, but It is definitely much more vigorous. The other aspect of Whitney is that it runs from 6th-12th grade, where as other schools are K-6, 7-8, and 9-12.

What Cerritos also has going for it is that it is a very safe city, and definitely a nice bubble from the rest of LA. Whenever I come back to Cerritos, it is just a slower pace and much more tranquil than all the areas around it. It's truly nice to come home. When touching on the strategic location to the city, it is quite literally in the center of the LA/OC metro (about 25 miles to both Irvine, LA, Diamond Bar and Pasadena) so it's super convenient to wherever you have to go.

If you are looking at nearby areas, I would also urge you to consider adjacent Fullerton, north of Malvern Ave. Fisler Middle School and Sunny Hills High School are great options as well.

Anyhow, I could go on and on, but if you would like any assistance with no pressure, I would be glad to help. Cerritos is my home and backyard!

Ryan Yamauchi
Rodeo Realty-BH
310.623.8742
ryanayamauchi@gmail.com
I'd prefer Cerritos. Carmenita Middle and Cerritos High School have good ranks. Gretchen Whitney High School serves grades 7-12 in the ABC Unified district. It is among the few public schools in California to receive a distinguished GreatSchools Rating of 10 out of 10. Invitation by the Whitney High School is required to enroll. For more details, please call me at (714) 815-1327
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 30, 2013

Both are nice cities but so different from each other. Cerritos is a busier city, well know for shopping and Cerritos Auto Square. It has great neigbhorhoods and current homes for sale show prices ranging from Low $500's to High $600. Chino Hills is further east of Los Angeles. The city spread out a bit and very family oriented. Home prices are all over the place. You can find a nice home in the low $200's and can up to a few millon.
Chino HIlls is a better area. An agent from cerritos will not be objective as she wants your business. I am not an agent, want nothing from you. Chino Hills is a newer area, nicer schools. You can check school boards as well.
Thank you! I really appreciate your help!
Flag Thu Jan 31, 2013