Rentals in 95648>Question Details

Scdenise, Renter in Lincoln, CA

I am looking to rent a home for 2-3 years in the 12 bridges area. Any ideas where to look, I have trie Trulia, Zillow, and a few others?

Asked by Scdenise, Lincoln, CA Wed Apr 13, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 95648

You can check out our website: I live in Twelve Bridges and we often have new properties. You can also subscribe to get immediate notifications of new listings.
Craigslist is always a good way to find rentals, you would want to look everyday because listing are added everyday. Also I know from living in Lincoln there are still owners that will just post a sign at the property so driving in the area you want to live would be another way...Good Luck
I live in Twelve Bridges and rentals are few and far between. When they come up they go fast. You have to be ready to make contact ASAP. Besides monitoring CraigsList and watching out for scams, I do have a property management company contact for you.
Debbie Salisbury at Property Management Partners
She can help find you a rental.
Hi again...have you been able to find the rental you needed? I just wanted to let you know you can call me for what ever help I can give 530-301-5349...Have a great day!
Sure, Craiglist is always a great place to find rentals and there are still owners who will just put up a sign out front so just driving the area you want to live could help you...
Remember in 2010 California had the highest state total for foreclosure filings with 546,669. If you plan to rent always check the property against a foreclosure database. This will help you to avoid renting a foreclosure, rental scams, foreclosure scams and phony landlords. Do not give thousands of dollars to a stranger without doing a back ground check on the property before you sign the lease. If the home is in foreclosure and you still sign a lease you may lose your security deposit and have to go court to avoid eviction. For more information on how to find out if your rental is in foreclosure click the link here,…
Ute Ferdig provided great advice. Beware of the scammers. I am local Real Estate Broker and I live in Twelve Bridges. Most of the homes that are for rent have signs posted outside so your VERY, VERY best bet is to drive the neighborhood. This area is sought after because of the great schools and you will have to pay a little more than you would be in Lincoln Crossings but it will be worth it. Houses get rented a lot faster too.
Again, a) be safe and don't give your information to anyone, b) drive the neighborhood often c) By the time rentals make it to Craiglist or a local paper, the house may no longer be available d) Get someone local on your side to help you out.
Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood whenever that happens.
Make sure you don't fall victim of a rent scam. There are people who pose as landlords. Verify that you are dealing with the actual owner or a legitimate property manager for the property before you provide any personal information or hand over any money. The scam artists come up with all kinds of reasons why they can't first show you the property and why you need to wire them money to a foreign account. It starts out with a request for you to fill out a rental application via e-mail and once they have your personal info, they'll ask you to wire money to them or send the deposit, first and last month rent via Western Union. This happened to friends of mine and luckily they contacted me and I was able to tell them that they were not working with the true owner and they did not lose any money, but still had already sent their personal info to the scammer.

Also make sure the house you are going to rent is not in foreclosure.

You could check with the Twelve Bridges golf club and see if they have a bulletin board where people post their rentals.
Ute Ferdig -…, Real Estate Pro in ,
Local agents have access to rentals too. Not all are advertised as sometimes a seller will get frustrated and start to consider other options, including renting.
One other thought, many landlords are looking for a 12 month lease. Asking for longer up front may reduce some options.
You can also try contacting local realty offices, check local print media for by owner rentals, word of mouth, etc.
I would check first and foremost. Tons of rental listings. Here are a few other suggestions: Call a property management company in the Lincoln area; go to a grocery store and pick up some rental listing literature; and drive 12 Bridges to see if there are any "For Rent" signs.

Call a local Real Estate Company that specializes in rentals. Check the newspaper if you don't already know of one.
Web Reference: