Rentals in San Diego>Question Details

Dannelle Pea…, Renter in Lakeland, FL

I am looking to relocated from FL to CA. I am in need of a job there and a place to rent- $300-$700 a month 2 bdr

Asked by Dannelle Pearson, Lakeland, FL Thu Sep 20, 2012

Answers

5
Why San Diego? You might want to look about 80 miles north of San Diego for better pricing.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 23, 2012
Hi Dannelle,

As an FYI, I put in your parameters on Craigslist and it came up with 45 possibilities. Now granted, when you put in "San Diego" in the Search Box, there were 2 in Tijuana and one by Big Bear Lake in the mountains. But there are plenty in that range. You will have to sort through them for something that suites your taste.

Best of luck,

Mark & Kari Shea
Hi Dannelle,

When looking for rentals, your best bet is Craigslist. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are fulfilled using Craigslist. It is used by owners, property management companies and agents.

The easiest way to search is put a zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your parameters. Check often and call right away as most rentals move quickly! You can find zip code maps in San Diego searching on Google.

Lastly, beware of rental scam listings. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Get an application to fill out and read over the lease agreement.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Serving Greater San Diego
Why don't you stay in Florida instead
I don't like FL. I wan't a change.
Flag Fri Sep 21, 2012
Prices here are radically different from those in Florida. You can't even rent a room for $300-700 here.
I looked on craigslist and it show that there are homes in that price range. Are all of those scams?
Flag Thu Sep 20, 2012