Rentals in Beaufort>Question Details

Caitlin, Renter in Monroe Township, NJ

I am looking to move/rent in the beaufort area, how much is cost of living for single female? Where to look for safe rentals?

Asked by Caitlin, Monroe Township, NJ Wed Jan 5, 2011

I'd be moving from New Jersey, so I want to find a young, safe environment that is affordable on a single salary. Any moving advice would be greatly appreciated!

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Beaufort

Answers

6
Hi Caitlin,

In today's market owning a home is easier and more cost effective to do than you might think. Especially if you have access to a VA loan. If you are going to be in Beaufort for at least 3 yrs you may want to consider buying....If that idea holds any interest let me know and I'll be happy to provied a couple of lenders you can speak to, (at no cost or obligation) to see if owning makes any sense and if so what you could afford.

If you are set on renting you may want to try http://www.beaufortrentals.net . This is a professional rental management organization that specializes in the rental property business here. They handle everything from upscale single family homes to 1 BR/1 BA condo rental units. Take a look at their website and their offerings.

There are also a few apartment complexes in the area that may be a fit for you if you are looking for ammenities like a pool, work out facility and organized community parties and so on. If that sounds more like what you're looking for just shoot me an e-mail and I'll send you contact information for a couple that I think may suit your needs.

Thanks and welcome to Beaufort!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 6, 2011
Hi and welcome to Beaufort,
How about a 3BR/3BA townhome near the water with pool and tennis amenities. Sorry, no pets allowed in this home. Not necessarily close to downtown Beaufort, but in a great complex at Marsh Harbor--very safe and affordable at $895/month. Has a sun deck upstairs and a screened porch, spacious LR and DR, pass thru from kitchen with all appliances including W/D, storage shed, patio courtyard off master BR, great condition. Contact me for more info, photos, etc.
cookiesimpson@embarqmail.com

Cookie Simpson, Realtor, HomeTown Realty
Call Weichert Realtors at 842 770 5100. We will be glad to help you with a rent or rent to own.
We are open 7 days a week and will help you find just the place you would like to live. If you already have a job, we will help you locate in a convenient spot. You can buy for a much cheaper monthly cost. We have lots of foreclosures. Sing Pappas sing@apexreatly.com 843 252 2424
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Elizabet, thank you,. I am aware that I can purchase for a less expensive price than renting, however, if the area and I do not connect than I am stuck with a home that will not sell as rapidly as it would in my area. So I have decided to rent the first year or two to see if this life style is a good fit for me.
Thank you so much.
Flag Sat Sep 8, 2012
Hello, everyone!
I am looking to move to the Beaufort providing I am offered the position that I am applying for next week,
I am looking for a place that is in walking distance to night life when I want to have dinner, and, close to the beach and walking or biking paths. I have two dogs and I keep them active.
I prefer not pay over 1000/mth for I own a home in Pa and do not care to sell until I am sure that the area is a good fit. Also. infor on cable, water, trash removal and electic co. would be helpful.

Thank you!
Sharon
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
you will not find that . for that you can pay 1,500
Flag Sun May 12, 2013
Port Royal offers a great lift style for a minimun amount of money. It really matters where you will be working. Call me on my google phone at 843 321 9204 and I will be happy to send you some information.
Hi Caitlin- You can expect to pay probably $750 or so for a good clean two bedroom unit. With utilities you will probably be looking at $900 - $1000 / month for a place.

You probably want to concentrate on the Mossy Oaks / Port Royal / Waddell Garden areas. That is close to Naval Hospital and MCRD Parris Island. Those are generally good safe places.

You will need to establish service with SCE&G (electric and gas) (sceg.com) and Beaufort Jasper Water & Sewer Authority (BJWSA.org). Their numbers are 1-800-251-7234 for SCE&G and 843 987 9292 for BJWSA.

Below is a link to a place I have for rent in the Mossy Oaks area. We have been advertising it as furnished, but we can pull the furniture out. Let me know if it interests you- my number is 843 252 2296.

Welcome to Beaufort!

Scott