Rentals in Shakopee>Question Details

Nancy Kirche…, Renter in 55318

I am looking for someone to help me find a rental apartment/duplex/townhome/condo. Do I pay a fee or do the owners?

Asked by Nancy Kirchenwitz, 55318 Thu Dec 26, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Shakopee

Answers

2
Nancy-

Hello! If you work with a real estate agent to help you find a rental, usually no fee's are due from you to the agent. They get paid by the home owner or landlord. Although some agents can and do charge an upfront fee, this is not normally the case. I would just ask before you use someone to show you properties.

Once you find a home you want to rent and are dealing with the landlord or home owner, you will probably need to pay an application fee prior to getting approved to sign a lease. Be sure you understand the landlord's credit and income requirements before applying to rent a home, this will save you time and money.

Hope that helps-
Kris
http://www.HWY212RE.com
Large multi family apartment complexes will generally charge a non-refundable "application fee".
You can search the internet (ie. rent.com, rentals.com, rentingsource.com, craigslist.org, etc.) and find 'rental publications' near the exit door at most grocery stores. By searching for a rental on your own, you can avoid paying any additional "fees". On the other hand, I (or any other local agent) can search our local MLS database for potential rentals. In this situation, the landlord pays the "finders fee" to my broker. Please contact me if this is the way you want to go.