Rentals in Pico - Robertson>Question Details

Shiramtr, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I am looking for an apt/room in an apt for Jan-May/Jun 2015 and am trying to get an estimate of the cost of utilities for the semester. Please help!

Asked by Shiramtr, Los Angeles, CA Sun Mar 2, 2014

Answers

1
This is a touch one, since it depends on the type of property you move into (which you don't know yet, I assume?). All I can tell you is that my husband and I rented 1-2 bedroom apartments in LA for about 10 years, and our gas was about $20/mth on average, and electric was usually about $50/mth in the winter and $100/mth in the summer when we had to run the AC. Internet is about $40/mth (with an additional $10/mth for home phone if you want that), and TV will be anywhere from about $40/mth and up depending on the level of service. We recently moved into a house we bought, and if you want to bundle phone/internet/TV we found that AT&T Uverse was the least expensive (but you should check out current deals to be sure that is still the case). Also, the SoCal Gas offers a low-income reduced rate service (which I would think you will likely qualify for being a student), and I think the LADWP (electric) also has a similar program, so be sure to check those out to help save your pennies. Best wishes, and please let me know if I can help you further.