Rentals in Chicago>Question Details

meganwright2, Renter in Chicago, IL

I am looking for an apartment that allows an actual bog dog - 75 lbs. I'd like to stay in the Lakeview area, but am open to suggestions.

Asked by meganwright2, Chicago, IL Sat Apr 26, 2014

Black Lab, 75 lbs

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Chicago

Answers

3
Most post will say if the landlord offers dog friendly apartments.
This will have more to do with the individual neighborhood/landlord than the neighborhood. In general, high rises are not big dog friendly and often limit weight to 50 lbs or even 35 in some cases.

Many landlords simply don't want a big dog in their property and still others will want non-refundable or additional fees to accept one.

The trick is working with a reputable agent who can do the leg work and track down places that are ok with your big friend sharing the place with you.

We would love to help - we run into this problem for our clients a lot and can help solve it!
I can help you purchase a place in Lakeview that would allow you and your dog. In addition, you may qualify for a $7500 grant from the State of Illinois to help you buy a home. Why rent when you can own?

If you'd like to explore this option please email me at Jeff.Nobleza@BairdWarner.com