Rentals in Riverdale>Question Details

Anthony Elum…, Renter in Bronx, NY

I am looking for a very nice one bedroom aparment in the riverdale area. safe and nice.

Asked by Anthony Elumeze, Bronx, NY Tue Nov 20, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3097293620-Apartment-Bronx-NY-10471

Answers

8
Trevor Curran’s answer
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
HI Anthony.
I just saw your inquiry. If you have not found something yet, please cal me ASAP. I have an awesome 1BR for rent at $1350.

Mark Weitzman
Associate Broker
Douglas Elliman Real Estate
c: 646-281-8763
mweitzman@elliman.com / http://www.elliman.com/mzw

Knowledge, Integrity, & Outstanding Service
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Please take a look at my listing
511 West 232nd Street #W52
Very nice and a good price
I assume that you are looking to rent, not to purchase. You need to provide the following information: What is the top monthly rental amount (exclusive of utilities) that you do not want to exceed? What location in Riverdale do you want? Do you have any pets? (Some buildings do not allow pets.) Do you have an excellent credit history? What is your yearly income and the source(s) of this income? (Some of the landlords have minimum income requirements--for example, one of the landlords of a lovely building requires that your income be at least forty-five times the monthly rental amount.) Do you need a doorman and/or other amenities (pool. workout room, etc.)?
I have a studio Coop For sale on Netherland Ave. Price $105,000. $463.00 monthly maintainance fee.
If you are interested in purchasing please contact us. 718-547-5650.
I have a nice and luxury one bedroom apartment in Riverdale! Just let me know what is your budget rent to help you better. Contact me via email to l.sanchez@myfinancialconnections.com or 347-373-0572 (TEXT). Thanks, Luis
Hi Anthony,

We have a bunch to choose from. Give my agent Maria Moragianis a call at 917-570-8420. She can help you right away.

Joe Greene
Broker / Owner
Weichert, Realtors - House & Home
http://Www.WeichertWorks4U.Com
I have a one bedroom that is a gem. Call or e-mail me and tell me your price range to see if it fits.