Rentals in East Flatbush>Question Details

Chavamama, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

I am looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment for rent in East Flatbush. I prefer the location be walking distance to Downstate Medical Center

Asked by Chavamama, Brooklyn, NY Sun Dec 23, 2012

Please contact me at Chavamama@aol.com

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3100363267-1368-New-York-Ave-14…

Answers

5
Tanya Bell’s answer
I have a one bedroom apartment on East 53rd street in walking distance from Downstate medical . The rent is $1068 per month, Please contact me at 407-922-6479 to set up an appointment to view this apartment.
Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran
http://www.tcurranmortgage.com

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Thank you for your questions! We can definitely help you! Please call us at the office @ 1-718-875-8899 so we can schedule an appointment ASAP. We are open 7 days a week Monday Through Friday 9:00 AM to 9;00 PM Sat & Sun 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM We are member of Brooklyn New York MLS & Manhattan REBNY MLS
For more listing visit:
http://www.BrooklynRealProperty.com,

Office 1-718-875-8899
Brooklyn Real Property, Inc.
Downtown Brooklyn Office
389 Atlantic Avenue (Bet: Bond & Hoyt Street)
Brooklyn New York 11217
1-718-875-8899
Canarsie Office
9201 Flatlands Avenue (Corner of East 92 Street)
Brooklyn New York 11236
1-718-272-8988
Hi if you're still looking for a one bedroom near Downstate my office has a one bedroom on Albany 4 blocks from Downstate/Kings County Hospital. The rent is $1350 and it is completely renovated in a secure building. You can call me @ 201 737 0179. Hilltop 5 Star Properties, Inc.
Consider working with an agent; or check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.