Rentals in Minneapolis>Question Details

Taylor, Renter in Columbia Heights, MN

I am looking for a safe home to rent with a fenced in back yard for my boxer/beagle mix for less than $1000 per month in the general St Paul/MPLS area

Asked by Taylor, Columbia Heights, MN Thu Feb 28, 2013

Answers

2
Mark assumes you want to rent a single family home. However, would you be interested in a duplex? Many side-by-side duplexes allow pets (for an extra deposit and/or rent). When are you looking to move?
Hi there, Taylor.....

I just ran a complete report on the entire MLS for Minneapolis and St. Paul and I am sorry to report that there are zero under $1000, zero under $1100, and I did finally find ONE at $1200 a month in St. Paul. The next one is at $1250 in St. Paul. The next is at $1375 is in St. Paul. They only go up from there.

Sorry, but this a very strong market for landlords. 2 years ago where they once hoped for $1000 per unit, they can now get $1500.

If you would like any more assistance, please let me know. We can always get outside of Minneapolis or St. Paul and move out to the suburbs.

I decided to do a little broader search. And just so you know, I did find 28 rentals all across the 13 county metro area that were $1000 or under. There were only 3 single family homes. The vast majority are either condos or apartments. So the whole idea of a fenced yard and your boxer? I think you have maybe three options. One is in Buffalo Lake (50 miles west of the cities), one is in Northfield (25 miles south of the cities), and one little tinly little house in Wayzata. But here is a warning: it is only 258 square feet! that is the size of a standard size fish house.

If there is anything else I can do to help, just go to my webiste below and shoot me an email or call me.

Mark