Rentals in Orlando>Question Details

Joseph Hilde…, Renter in Orlando, FL

I am looking for a rental home. My credit is bad because of divorce and bankruptcy. What is the likelihood that no one will rent to me?

Asked by Joseph Hildebrandt, Orlando, FL Sat Apr 27, 2013

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/rental/3111772900-4453-Waterside-Point…

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Orlando

Answers

9
It seems that we are going to have an uphill battle in our quest to rent a house. I've lived in our current house for 20 years and now due to circumstances we will have to pay an application fee only to be turned away. I am on a pension from my city job and my wife has been at her county job for 13 years. Would a letter from my wife's employer help any?
I disagree with many of the property managers here. I am a rental property owner and I feel as long as you are honest and have income you can prove I am find to rent to someone that has experience some hardships. I know a number of people that also have rental property and all seem to feel the same way. We want to be understanding a potential choice for people that need to rent. I think you should be able to speak to any potential landlord explain to them your situation and get a feel if they would be fine with your scenario before you even apply.
Flag Mon May 20, 2013
I can try and help you -- http://www.JulieRents.com especially if you have extra deposit.
Give me a call 407-709-9969
Hi Joseph,
Your best chances are with a rental community like Camdmen, they will request double deposit depending on your situation.
I had a Bankrupsy and never had a problem also try directly with owner like forrentbyowner.com

Joseph
I am very sorry to hear about your very unfortunate circumstances. I congratulate you on moving on with your life. It is possible to find owner that will rent you their home. It may require you to provide additional deposit or show secure consistent income. All it takes Joseph is to be honest and up from with your situation which you are doing now and the rest will take care of itself. If you need help, or have any other questions, please give me a call. 407-844-8622. The people understand life is not perfect and all you have to is just ask. I hope this give you some hope.
Paul.

PAUL STENNETT, CDPE, MA
Lic Real Estate Broker
AmCar Realty Group
407-844-8622 (Direct)
954-354-7332(Office)
paulstennett12@gmail.com
http://www.AmCarRealty.com
With bad credit and a bankruptcy the chances are very slim that you can be approved with our company. But until an application is filled out, signed and turned in, no one will be able to tell you if you would be approved. Our application fee is $50 per adult or married couple. Private owners may not check credit which you may want to pursue. Good Luck with your home search.
Hi Joseph,
Your situation is not unique and if you have a good income to cover the rent and are up front with the landlord about your situation a lot of times they will consider you. In todays world with the credit bureau too quick to put someone on the "list" as a risk honesty is the best policy. Of course you should be working and have proof of that along with possibly referrals from your boss or your previous landlord always helps. Don't give up! It can be worked out.
Joseph, you'll need to find someone who is not going through a property management company because they check your credit and you'll most likely have a problem. Can you put a deposit down that covers 6 months of rent or even the whole year? That may be a way to get into a rental.
Wow! Who has 6 of 12 months of rent lying around? I can cover a deposit and first and last but that's it. I've lived in my former house for 20 years and i am now renting it but have to move out because the new owner needs the house.
Flag Sat Apr 27, 2013
Thank you but most of these applications are online. Will I have an opportunity to speak to a live person?
Best advice is to be totally honest and up front with any potential landlord.