Rentals in Chula Vista>Question Details

Romer Ramos, Home Buyer in San Diego, CA

I am looking for a rent to own single family house 3bed 2 ba in 92154 or 91910 area.

Asked by Romer Ramos, San Diego, CA Fri Sep 7, 2012

Answers

7
Roger Ma’s answer
I have never met anyone who have succesfully bought a home through a rent-to-own program. Not even once. Don't do it. Just keep renting. And keep saving your money and fix your credit. Then buy a home the regular way like every one else does when you have enough down payment and good credit.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 7, 2012
Hi Romer, I would like to discuss this further with you. Wether you are looking to rent, rent to own or purchase a home I can help you. I am a 3rd generation Realtor and have been working full time in Real estate for over 10 years. I have helped an average of 48 families buy or sell a home throughout my real estate career (the average agent sells less than 5 per year), I would like to help you and your family make the best possible decision for your future. Please contact me as soon as possible so we can meet.

Dustin Shepard
Coldwell Banker Royal Realty
(619) 246-2279
dustinshepard@gmail.com
http://www.TimeForHomes.com
Ca. BRE Lic 01410160
I recommend you not do a rent to own, I would compare it as going to a casino and expecting to win the big one, rent to owns are a big gamble and made for the "seller" to win, depending on the contract, the "Seller" keep your initial deposit and you lose all your payments made, plus any repairs or improvements done or started
. Your intentions to buy are fantastic, but you really need to talk with a lender, fix whatever credit issues you might have and be patient. Contact me at 619-395-7100 so we can talk.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
We can get you an approved mortgage loan program depending on your situation. We have FHA loans from 500 fico score although it requires 10% down. If you have a minimum 580 fico score, you can qualify for only 1/2% down. Yes, only $500 down per $100k purchase price. It depends on many issues so give us a call to get pre-approved in minutes. If you have credit issues, we offer credit repair advice at no charge for our clients. We can get your credit scores up within 3-45 days. Check us out.
http://www.Under640FicoScoreLoans.com

Sheryl Arndt, Broker
DRE# 01140252
NMLS# 297251
760-486-4225
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
Good Morning Romer,

Rent to own is certainly not the best way to buy a house. There are many faults with these programs.
Please contact me. I will sit down with you to discuss your Real Estate needs and make a plan specifically for you. if you are not ready financially at this time, I will refer you to someone who can help with your credit, discuss options and get you ready to become a homeowner.
Thank You,
Maria Esparza
Coldwell Banker West
619-203-6244
Mariarealtor619@gmail .com
http://Www.facebook.com/mariaesparzacoldwellbankerwest
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 8, 2012
I agree with Roger.........

Ok, so I have to ask.........WHY are you looking for a rent to own?

I will take a stab at this............

*your credit isn't good enough to qualify for a mortgage now?
*your income isn't high enough to qualify for a mortgage now?
*you don't have a down payment now?

Here's the thinkg......if you don't qualify NOW, for whatever reason..................you better make darn sure you will qualify at the end of the lease.
Why?

Well, because you will be giving upfront NON-refundable money in one form or the other.
You will forfeit that money if you don't buy the home
It is often referred to as "option" money.....you have the option to buy the home, but if you don;'t exercise that option, the seller can keep your deposit.

Sometimes the "option" money is an amount paid over and above the normal rent for the property. That amount would be credited towards your down payment......but you wou;d lose it if you do not buy the home.

I think many consumers looking for a lease w/ an option mistakenly think their entire rent will be applied to the purchase...and do not realize the down side of this arrangement should you fail to follow through with the purchase.

Make sure you understand this before even thinking of entering into this kind of arrangement!!

Best wishes.........

(my advice?
save money, repair your credit......do whatever you have to do to be able to buy a home at the right time).
I have an investor that specializes in rent to own properties. If they don't have one in inventory they will find one to purchase and then work with you to rent to own the property. Please contact me if you would like more information and to put you in contact with the right person.

Alice Greliak
619-410-8013
alice.greliak@apreus.com
CA DRE # 01869522