Rentals in Baltimore>Question Details

virtue721, Home Buyer in Perry Hall, MD

I am looking for a rent to own option of a single family home in a quiet area in baltimore city or county, preferably a rancher with 3-4 bdrms

Asked by virtue721, Perry Hall, MD Fri Apr 5, 2013

are you still looking for a 4 bedroom rancher? my contact is -
Hi, we specialize in rent-to-own homes, and have for almost 10 years in Maryland. Please visit our website at and if you see a property you would like to view, please click the schedule a showing button at the top right. Also, feel free to email us at

We get new houses each week, so if you don't see one you like, please keep an eye on our website.

Please check our frequently asked questions at
Do you understand what the dangers can be in a "rent with the option" to buy situation?

Many consumers don't really understand, and mistakenly think they simply rent the home, and then all that rent is applied to the purchase price if they decide to buy the house.
It doesn't work that way......and, more importantly........
This arrangement does not favor the buyer.

Also - your choice of homes will be very limited as most sellers who want to, and can, sell now, not in the future.

If you can't qualify for a loan now, you better make sure you qualify at the end of the lease or you will LOSE any upfront/deposit money. You better hope the house appraises out at the agreed-to price (which is agreed to NOW, not later).

You see, you are paying for the "option" to buy or NOT to buy.
If you "exercise your option", and do buy the home - great......if you can't buy the home, or choose not to buy it, you will forfeit your deposit.

The deposit may be an amount given upfront, and/or an amount of rent over and above the normal rent which will be applied to the purchase.
BUT - If you do not, or cannot, buy the home for any reason, say goodbye to that additional rent.

I'd advise waiting until you get your finances in order and then buying in the normal way when you'll have a full selection of homes .

Best wishes........
What areas in the county or city are you interested in? What's your max budget for a monthly payment? How long will the initial lease term before you exercise the option to buy? I'd love to learn more about your needs and how I could possibly help. Call to talk more. NO OBLIGATION. If I can help it's my pleasure.

All Smiles,
Marlene Rogers
Hi Ms Rogers, thank you for responding. I am looking for rent to own because I am not quite ready to right out buy but I am very close to it but I want out very soon where I am now. My max budget a month is 1500 or 1600. The time would be for a yr or less maybe even 6 months before I purchase. I am interested in the owings mills, rosedale, parkville,overlea,carney, lochearn,randallstown, and perry hall as well as towson. I really want a rancher but it does not have to be definite and I do prefer brick. U can call me anytime 410-440-1885 Sandy Miller . Thanks.
Flag Fri Apr 5, 2013