Rentals in 75013>Question Details

Daphne Turner, Renter in 75013

I am looking for a 3 or 4 bedroom rental. I have a section 8 voucher and noticed a lot of homes for rent. Why not list your property with section 8?

Asked by Daphne Turner, 75013 Sun Nov 25, 2012

I bought and sold 2 homes. I have great rental history, all proven. My 8 yr old is in Evans Elem and I do not want to change schools.

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in 75013

Daphne, I am a rental expert in the Collin County area. When are you looking to move and what is the amount for your voucher?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012

My 8 yr old goes to Evans Elementary, too. Great school! I am very familiar with the area. Please contact me. I'm here to help.

Olga Pearson, PE
Real Estate Consultant

Cell: 972.971.4210
Office: 972.599.7000
Fax: 972.599.7001
3600 Preston Road, Suite 100
Plano, TX 75093
Many landlords don't want to go through the trouble of getting approved with the Housing Authority. Unfortunately they don't understand the process, or they are not interested in working with the government.

You might be able to find a rental home that accepts Section 8 through the MLS...but you may also have good luck by asking the Housing Authority for a list of available properties. Many times I have found this to be a better use of your time with the search.

If you can't find one that works for you, another idea would be to ask a landlord to consider Section 8 and help make the process easy for them. I have been successful doing this in the past by helping the landlord see how easy it is to participate...I even provided the paperwork for them to complete.

Good luck! I hope that you find a home that works for you so that your child doesn't have to change schools.

Melissa Hailey - North Texas Top Team, Realtors
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 25, 2012