Sherylmpetal…, Other/Just Looking in San Francisco State...

I am looking for a broker to help me find a rental in San Francisco. Where do I find a rental broker?

Asked by Sherylmpetaluma, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA Sat Jun 23, 2012

Answers

6
Matthew Goulden’s answer
Hi Sheryl,

There are very few and they cost as stated. Your best bet is Craigslist as this is where nearly all owners / management companies will post the vacant units.

Be aware of scams asking you to pay money to get keys etc.

Hi Sheryl,

Hill & Co where I work has a rental group. I also contact all the agents at Hill to work our network of rentals. You should also ask at the companies where you will be working if they know of any rentals.
Contact Mark McNabb of Paragon Real Estate Group:

mmcnabb@paragon-re.com

He will represent renters with reasonable fees and he is great!
The brokers that offer this service charge a hefty fee some to tour the areas and properties others based on securing the apartment. Unless you are willing to pay (about one months rent) in San Francisco you are on your own.
If no one is answering on here you could just call around to some local real estate agents and ask them if they deal with rentals. Another thing you could do is call around to Property Management companies. Hope this helps.