Rentals in Hockessin>Question Details

cccslp19808, Renter in Wilmington, DE

I am looking for a 3 bedroom townhouse or single family home in the Pike Creek/Newark area with 2 baths that allows pets. 2 dogs, both well behaved.

Asked by cccslp19808, Wilmington, DE Thu Jun 2, 2011

Answers

4
Is this for sale or for rent? Can I assume that you are looking for a rental because you asked about dogs? If that is the case I know of a potential single family property. How much are you able to pay in rent?
Warmest Regards,
Donna Klimowicz
302 530-3240
The best place I have found for a rental in Delaware is Craig's list or delawareonline.com. In addition, you can contact individual real estate firms or look directly at their website for their rental listings. I have found that you generally find lower priced rentals from individuals, but will likely have a better experience, i.e. customer service, emergency response, maintenance, deposit management, etc. Also, rental prices are always negotiable. If you really like a rental that you see, but it is slightly overpriced, ask the real estate agency to contact their property owner to propose the amount you can afford. If they haven't had a renter for a while, many times they will negotiate. Also, if you see a home on the market for sale and would like to rent, you can call the Realtor and ask if their client is considering renting their home. I have found a few rentals that way, typically it is only if their home has been on the market for quite some time, or if they are paying for another residence and cant afford both mortgages. If you do rent from an individual or an investor with a few properties, ensure that the lease follows the Delaware Landlord Tenant code and they provide you with a copy, as required. You can contact a real estate attorney to review the lease or contact Delaware State Housing Authority (DSHA) for guidance.
If you send me your email address and your price range, I will send you what is available. My email is doris.shorts@gmail.com and my direct number is 302-312-6093.
Check with local realty offices for available rentals; check local print media for by owner rentals; word of mouth, etc.