Rentals in Columbus>Question Details

Erw2181, Renter in Columbus, IN

I am looking for a 3-4 bedroom home in a nice area in Columbus that is for rent.

Asked by Erw2181, Columbus, IN Thu Jul 28, 2011

I have done the obvious and looked in the newspapers, drove all over Columbus but have had no luck at all, I have checked the few websites of rental home companys in Columbus, but I am not looking to pay over $1000 for rent. I have emailed a few realtors on a few houses that have been for sale for quite awhile hoping that they would be interested in renting and just have not had luck? Just looking for a decent home in a nice area of Columbus, does anyone have any suggestions or people that I can get in touch with? I am looking to rent a few more years before I purchase a home so that I can build up credit.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Columbus

Answers

6
Again Im sorry your having trouble getting some help.. I do own several rentals and property manage a couple buildings. Right now everything I have or that I'm in charge of is full. In talking with other land lords everyone is telling me they are full. I have called several apartment complexes and there are waiting lists. I'm sure there will be one here and there pop up. One thing I would do thinking out of the box is try to see who is filing for evicton and call that land lord for whats coming available. With Cummins bringing in so many families it' caused a real rental struggle. Again I'm sorry your having trouble.. you might also check the out scrits Franklin, Whiteland for something. my cell is 812-350-3284 call me every few days and I'll keep you posted on what I know.
I just saw a 4 rent sign on a house. 1 block west of central & 17th (behind circle K) don
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
Good Afternoon Renter,

I can't give you specific contact information because I've never had time to stop and write it down. But I've recently as Friday seen 3 homes for rent here in Columbus. Two of them are on Washington St0One on the west side and one on the east side, both below 25th St.). and one on Central Ave.(above 10th. st. on east side of central) I hope this helps?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
Thanks for the answers, still have not found anything to rent. We are hoping to find something in the next month or two but just not having any luck. If you know of anything else that may be coming up for rent, please email me!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
The best source for locating CURRENT homes for rent is generally the online version of the Republic newspaper at http://www.therepublic.com and search their classifieds.
Occassionally I spot homes for rent while driving around in day to day activities.
Two that I've spotted just yesterday(Sept.8/2011) might be within your price range?
1) Located on Washington St, on the east side, between 15th & 17th streets. Small 1 or 2 bedroom?
2) Located on East side of Marr Rd., between 1 st stop sign south of Rocky Ford Rd. and 15th street, looks to be a 2 story, possible 3-4 bedroom with attached garage.
Hi ,
Please drop me a call on my cell @ (812)350-3365 or email me directly. We have a property manager who works in our office. I have a couple of leads on individual properties that may fit your needs.
Leigh