Rentals in Astoria>Question Details

Elc.coyle, Home Buyer in Queens, NY

I am looking for a 3 bedroom apt. rental in Astoria,Queens. $2500 max Can someone please assist me? Thank you! Would like to move in By 8/1.?

Asked by Elc.coyle, Queens, NY Sun Jul 8, 2012

Would really appreciate someone getting back to me as soon as possible.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Astoria

Rent today; Buy tomorrow. How to convert from Tenant to Homeowner.

When I rented my first apartment in Astoria, I did not want to be a Tenant my whole life and pay my Landlord’s mortgage. I longed to become a Homeowner.

That’s why I found my way into the mortgage business in 1989 and soon afterward became a Homeowner. Here are the fundamentals any Tenant should know to prepare to become a Homeowner in the future, no matter when that might be.

• Credit: Establish 3 credit accounts, no more than 5. Pay your bills on time. Keep your balances to no more than 50% of your credit limit. Don’t pay off the accounts in full. Keep balances active for 12-24 months. All of the above will provide both a good credit score and adequate credit history to qualify for a mortgage loan.

• Assets: A basic savings budget isn’t hard to do. Pay your rent first in your budget; then set aside 10% of your income before taxes . Make it a budget priority and you’ll still have money left over for entertainment and restaurants and clothing.

How much money do you need to buy a home? Many buyers spend no more than $25,000 to buy their first homes. There are loan programs with low down payment requirements and many real estate agents negotiate for their Buyers a “Seller’s concession” to include the Buyer’s closing costs (which are HIGH here in New York!) in the price of the home.

• Income: Two years consistent income is the basic requirement for either a salaried individual or a self-employed person. Income from Bonus, Commission, and Overtime is treated differently and is best discussed with your Mortgage Banker.

• Market Survey: it doesn’t hurt to go out and get to know neighborhoods where you might like to buy a home. Visit open houses on Saturdays and Sundays. It’s okay that you’re not yet buying; tell the Realtor at the Open House you’re just beginning your “survey.” You’ll also get to know market prices for different kinds of homes. It’s okay to “window shop” homes on the weekend at Open Houses!

I hope these fundamentals will help you better understand the path to homeownership is a process that, with preparation and dedication, you can move through easily. And if you’re interested in getting Prequalified today to create an Action Plan for your future of Homeownership, call me anytime!

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
I have 3 bedroom apartment next to Astoria Park for $2350.
Please call us at 718-657-7777 or 347-219-2037 to view our rental inventory
Thank you
Work with an agent; check Also check local print media for by owner rentals, always verify ownership before exchanging any money; word of mouth, etc.
WE specialize in rentals, please check our site for hundreds of listings with pictures, videos or feel free to call us at 646-606-2366
I have several 3 bedroom rentals in Astoria, all for between 2100 and 2400. You can see them all at: Good luck on your search! -Maria
There is a terrific vehicle by which you can find just the apartment you seek; it is called Listing Book.

I would be happy to provide you with a FREE account on Listing Book so that you can easily control your own search with very little time invested.

LIsting Book connects to the Multiple Listing Service and will tell you, based on your search criteria, what is on the market; will notify you immediately when something new comes on the market and will also let you know if a rental out of your $ zone has a price reduction into your search criteria.

Not only is it free, Listing Book does not obligate you to any one Realtor; work with whom you choose.
I will need very little information; first & last name, email address, price range. The rest you can put in yourself.
I recommend you contact local real estate agencies. You can also check MLSLI. COM

Nida Kabbaj
Exit realty by the park
Please call me I'll be happy to help you 917-685-1690 Thank you.

Licensed Realtor
Winzone Realty Inc