Rentals in Roscoe Village>Question Details

jennyanzaldua, Renter in Chicago, IL

I am looking for a 2 bedroom apartment to rent in Roscoe Village. I would like the elementary school to be Bell, Burley or Audubon. 1300-1500 budget.

Asked by jennyanzaldua, Chicago, IL Sun Jul 21, 2013

Move in date between August 1st and August 9th. I can start viewing apartments in person on Wednesday, July 24. Thanks!

Answers

8
I will be available Thursday or Saturday if you would like to schedule showings. Contact me and I would be happy to help you as I am familiar with Roscoe Village.
This is on the low end of the price range for 2 bedrooms, so you may want to look on Domu, Craig's LIst and other sites where landlords advertise inexpensive rentals. It's also late for early August move-in. Hopefully you've either found a willing agent by now or have identified some properties on rental sites that might work for you. Best to get out there ASAP to find something by your dates. Good luck!
Good afternoon jennyanzaldua,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think a real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Hi Jenny,

Find a leasing agent or broker that is willing to invest the time for you to find the right place. Also check craigslist or domu.com
Work with a Realtor to assist you with this process. Options do exist.
JENNY,

You have some available properties that meet your requirements.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder and Team Leader

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

http://www.innovativepropertyconsultants.com

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
Get a good leasing agent to help you out. Its free to use their services.
Not sure all the boundaries for those schools, but there seem to be 3 in that area. Let me know if you want to see them.