Rentals in Cobbs Hill>Question Details

Carol Gibbs, Renter in Rochester, NY

I am looking at a property in Rochester , NY. It seems to good to be true. Is there any scams on this site.?

Asked by Carol Gibbs, Rochester, NY Tue Aug 13, 2013

Answers

11
I can check the address for you. But if you'd like a WEEKLY list of genuine 'steals' from the Greater Rochester area, with OVER 150 houses available to you straight from our Multiple Listing Service, 52 weeks a year, just get in touch with me. No other Realtor in the entire country makes this kind of service available. And clients can get these secret lists customized for them by area, price range and features.

RichardCoake.com
RCoake@Rochester.rr.com
585.223.4449
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi, Unfortunately there are scams on many sites across the internet. I can refer you to a fantastic agent in Rochester. If you are interested, please message me and I'll forward hos name and contact info.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
914.406.9023
Carol,
The WAVGroup has reported that 37% of the data on Trulia is faulty.
If you are really looking to find a place, you may consider using reliable data sources.
Your local Relator (r) can provide you FREE access to the Multiple Listing Service.
-
It it's too good to be true........well you know.
I do know of another house for sale that is in Corn Hill that the owner may consider renting. As others have said, we can access our mutiple listing service the same for rental availability as we do houses for sale. Let me know if you have children that you would be considering their school choices, and what time frame you are working with, such as a present lease.I look forward to hearing from you. Linda Allyn-Welborn, Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams, Rochester, NY, 585-341-8736
This is a scam. I am the owner of the house. It is for sale, not for rent. The person listing this took the pircures from the site where it is for sale. Do not send him any money. THis is a scam. If you are interested in buying the house, let me know I can show you the inside.
You may find rentals to be around $500-$1000 around Rochester depending on your apartment search to be in a house or building or a single family home. Real estate agents can help you with a search and navigate authenticity with no fee to you.
Trulia postings are "probably" accurate but watch out for Craigslist.
Good morning Carol,

I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business; you don’t sit at a table in a restaurant to read the menu without actually buying food at some point. It’s the same concept: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. Prepare yourself with three fundamentals: amenities, location, and price.

Know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think a real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND an AGENT” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment.

TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Carol,

There are scams and misrepresentation every where on the intranet. If you would like to contact me, I would be happy to check out the property you are interested in.

Thank You,
Bill Walsh
Sales Agent Seven Valley Realty
585-750-8999
bwalsh@sevenvalleyrealty.com
Carol,
Without knowing the exact address I can not confirm for you. Most people put ads on Trulia and are honest about it. If you want me to look it up for you just send me the address to my email or call me directly and I will help you in any way possible.

Brad Newton
CBR, SRES
RE/MAX Custom
585-236-7780
BradNewton@Remax.net
http://www.Brad-Newton.com
Good afternoon Carol,

Without knowing the property address it is hard to answer the question.

If you found it here than it is probably a legit ad.

Let me know.