Rentals in Collierville>Question Details

donnalaj1, Home Buyer in Collierville, TN

I am considering renting my home in Collierville. What is the rental market like in this area and what is the going monthly rate?.?

Asked by donnalaj1, Collierville, TN Sun Mar 24, 2013

My home is within walking distance to the high school at Frank and Byhalia Road, 3 bedrooms, gameroom, 2.5 baths, in ground swimming pool.

Michael Bellaire’s answer
Interesting question, that poses several other questions and potential concerns. In a market that's pretty good right now, why would you consider renting this home? What are you going to do if you do rent it? If you're thinking of buying another home, can you cover two mortgages? Have you thought about the liabilities attached, especially with a pool? Will you be using a property management company, or are you going to manage it yourself, which isn't too difficult, but, does have it's own related issues.
If you're seriously considering this, and would like to discuss it and alternatives, please feel free to contact me.

Michael Bellaire, Broker, ABR

I would also like to add as a potential renter that your home would most likely be popular with the military as well. There are several bases in the area with a large influx of people on a continual basis. We are always looking for nice homes to rent in good school districts. Additionally, you can get your home registered with the base housing office for free and they will keep you on their housing rental list, free of charge. I hope this helps!

I manage several homes in Collierville and I can tell you the market is great. Top dollar for decent houses...and rented in record time. My homes typically stay available for 3 to 5 days...and rent from 1800 to 2800.00. Considering a 3/2 apartment can easily run 1600.00 a with 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and a garage for 1800.00 are a bargain.

I charge 1/2 the first month's rent and only 7% of the monthly rent thereafter to manage the property. We are a full time company and maintain the highest me...
Please talk to Crye-Leike property management department,
It should be well over 2K I would say.
Let me know if you need any help with that,
Violetta Couture,
Crye-Leike realtors,