jsheren, Renter in Queens, NY

I am considering renting an apt. in glen oaks village. How often do rentals become available in glen oaks village? Should we take it or keep looking?

Asked by jsheren, Queens, NY Mon Mar 11, 2013

Are there 2-3 bedroom rentals available on the 1st floor right now in other garden apartment communities in district 26?

Answers

9
see http://www.mlsli.com
call 516-526-1085
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 24, 2013
Keep in mind that not all co-ops allow renting; consider working with an agent, or check http://www.mlsli.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 11, 2013
Glen oaks village is a wonderful coop community of garden apartment near floral park, new Hyde park, naasu queens border, in queens in school dist 26.

Complex has 24 hr security, parking, laundry in complex, tennis cts and various play grounds in development. It also has express bus to nyc subway, near by shopping, highways, etc.

Pls call for more info. Thnx. 917-855-8932
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 12, 2013
Glen Oaks has been great to us... We love the peace and quiet, the comfortable family neighborhood feel, the safety and cleanliness and the convenience to the main roads and buses. While the co-op village has relatively few vacancies, we almost always have available units for purchase or rent. Leases turn over, but available units don't tend to sit on the market very long. Prices are very good, and we rent at the moment but are considering purchasing in the near future. Please give me a call at 347-886-3797 to discuss details or if you have any questions!
I’m no real estate agent, just a humble Mortgage Banker, but I can give you some guidance on your search for the right rental apartment.

In my experience in the real estate trade, I’ve discovered that the consumer is best served by adopting some simple strategies, whether you’re buying a home, selling one, or renting an apartment.

First: remember that real estate agents work on commission. The better quality agents---and those with the most experience---will be testing you from the initial contact to determine if you’re serious and will commit to using their services. Why? Because real estate is like any other business. You don’t get to stand in line at the fast food restaurant just to stare at the menu without actually buying some food at one point. It’s the same idea: the experienced real estate professional has to earn a living by renting apartments to serious and qualified prospective renters.

Therefore, the smart consumer should be well-prepared and committed to respecting the real estate professional’s time. That means: know your requirements for the apartment you wish to rent in terms of location, amenities (one bedroom versus three bedrooms; elevator building or private house), and location (proximity to public transportation or need for parking), and price. If you present yourself as well-prepared you’ll have a better chance of working with an experienced agent who will work hard to find you the right apartment.

Second, start with the internet---especially TRULIA.com---but stay “local.” Don’t think at real estate agent in Brooklyn can find you an apartment in Queens, or vice versa. Here on TRULIA.com you can easily find a local professional by clicking on “FIND a PRO” at the top of this page. There you can hone in on a seasoned professional in exactly the area where you wish to rent your apartment. TRULIA provides exceptional tools to help you as a consumer understand the quality of the professional you’re working with. Read the agent’s profile; check out the recommendations from previous clients; get to know the level of experience of the agent and the areas that agent covers.

Third, real estate agents are prevented by Federal regulations from answering certain types of questions. They cannot discuss schools or school districts, crime statistics, and a variety of other issues prohibited by Fair Housing regulations. If your agent is vague when you ask certain types of questions, now you know why.

Finally, demonstrate your level of seriousness to your real estate agent. Show up on time for your appointments to view apartments. If you’re required to submit documents for the Landlord to review with your rental application, get them into your agent’s hands pronto. Not only does this help you potentially get one step ahead of a competing renter, but you’ll be viewed by the Landlord as a responsible renter. Landlords prefer responsible renters, don’t they?

I hope that helps you improve the results of your search for an apartment, and helps you with a better quality experience.

Trevor Curran
Mobile: 516-582-9181
Office: 516-829-2900
Fax: 516-829-2944
PowerHouse Solutions, Inc.
1010 Northern Blvd. Suite 234
Great Neck NY 11021
Licensed Mortgage Banker – NYS Dept. of Financial Services
NMLS#3528

*If you thought my answer was helpful, please give me a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer.” Thanks!
Glen oaks village is a wonderful coop community near floral park, new Hyde park, naasu queens border, in queens. Apt becomes available now and then, but may June July is very busy. Pls call for more info. Thnc. 917-855-8932
WE specialize in rentals, please check our site http://www.WERENTNY.com for hundreds of listings, pictures and videos
Hi Sheren

I have a 3 br apt avialble for rent in glen oaks'
Pls call me on my cell 917 834 0928 if interested.

Thanks, Antony.
Please call me at 917-685-1690 and I will be gladly to help you.
Thank you.

Neng