Rentals in Houston>Question Details

ms.hoatran, Renter in San Diego, CA

I am considering relocating to Houston for a promotion. I will be working in Katy. I am looking for an area to live that offers affordable rent,

Asked by ms.hoatran, San Diego, CA Wed Nov 13, 2013

walking distance to restaurants/bars and is somewhat safe. Please help.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Houston

Answers

8
Hello Ms. Hoatran, Katy has it's charm. ItIt has several apartment complexes, however they may not be wiring walking distance to restaurants, just so you are aware.

If you want bars and restaurants close by, you will need to be in the Midtown and surrounding areas. There are a couple of other places as well but all depends on your budget.

Call or email if you need more information.

Persis
REALM Real Estate Professionals
713-294-7747
persis.realtor@gmail.com
You would like the LaCenterra at Cinco Ranch shopping center with dining, nighttime entertainment, etc. All located in Cinco Ranch, a master planned community in Katy. Great Katy schools as well.

Not sure about walking distance to a rental home, but within 15 min drive. There are other neighborhoods around there that are nice like Grand Lakes, Seven Meadows, Cross Creek Ranch.

Let me know a price range, what type of home and I can set up a private web portal that will email you homes when the come available. They would include maps, photos, etc. No charge for this. Once you come in to town, we would show you around. We would get a small finders fee from the owner if you rent their home.

Look forward to speaking with you.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
We are a management company servicing Houston and Katy, Texas with current properties available in Katy Texas by the homeowners. Email me! I would love to help you explore options. We also have fully furnished rentals as well as unfurnished rentals. Sales@Visnova.Us
I would love to help you find your new home! I live and work in Katy area and know the area very well. Please feel free to contact me and I will send you the list of properties that match your criteria.

Robert Kandiyoti
RE/MAX Real Estate Associates
robertk@remax.net
If you're looking to lease an apartment, I suggest you Google "Apartment Locators Houston." You'll find dozens of firms that can help you. Katy is just west of the city, and is generally included in the "Greater Houston" listings. It's a terrific location, and a wonderful place to live.

Should you be seeking a single-family home, expect to pay upwards of $1300 per month. You'd also be responsible for the "care and feeding" of the lawn and back yard ... it's a significant expense.

Realtors aren't permitted to discuss whether a given area is "safe." You can look at recent crime stats by area on Trulia's link.

I know San Diego well ... have family there. The difference in cost of living should pretty much mitigate the triple-digit summers here (we're the most air-conditioned city in the country, and for good reason). You'll also appreciate the fact that we have no state or local income taxes. Your raise in pay will likely take you further than you think. Traffic is pretty much a wash ... horrid in both places.

If we've helped you make a decision, we're glad.
Hi Ms Hoatran
Katy is a great choice with great shopping and schools right at your doorsteps. A few great neighborhoods in that area are:
Firethorne
Seven Meadows
Grayson Lakes
Nottingham Country
And of course Cinco Ranch being one of the top ones! Most of these neighborhoods offer great and affordable rent homes as well!
If you are in need of a pro to help you with your search please feel free to contact me.

Andre Cain
713-494-1906
andrecaib@kw.com
Web Reference: http://www.andrecain.com
Mrs Hoatran
Great to hear about your promotion and the possibility of moving to Katy, Tx. I live in Katy myself and I am well familiar with the town and it's areas. Please call me directly at 832-732-9076 M-S from 8am to 9 pm and will be happy to talk you about real estate in Katy and could give you some recommendations.

Randy
832-732-9076
Good Evening,

There are many nice subdivisions in Katy, a few of them are Cinco Ranch, Firethorne, Grand Lakes, Seven Meadows, Grayson Lakes, Nottingham Country and Kelliwood. Katy schools are wonderful and top rated. I'm not sure if you are looking for a house or an apartment but there are plenty of choices for you. Let me know if I can help you.

Dawn Bajalieh
RE/MAX Integrity
832-878-7040