cometgirl91, Renter in Baltimore, MD

I am a 20 something professional looking to relocate from new york to baltimore.

Asked by cometgirl91, Baltimore, MD Mon Jun 17, 2013

I am looking to move to a fun, young area and I understand that federal hill is an ideal location. I am looking for rentals. Any suggestions are appreciated. If anyone knows of a great relocation agent who can help find a young and accessible area that would be fantastic. Thanks

Answers

5
Baltimore has many great places to live if you like the city. The choices will be based on your budget, they are many incentives for first time home buyers and the city offers its own brand of incentives to purchase in particular neighborhoods. Let me know if I can help you with finding something suitable.

Feel free to sign up on my website for a free account to do some searches in the city and in the county. http://www.freehomevalu.com

Pearl Henry, Realtor CDPE
Mt. Vernon is best value for rentals IMHO and a pretty good neighborhood. Federal hill and Canton are nice also but getting pricey--this is by Baltimore not by NY standards. Columbia is sort of a suburb and a good balance between proximity to both Baltimore and DC. Neighborhoods change drastically block to block here, where a nice neighborhood is only a few blocks away from a bad crime ridden place. Drive/walk around (or play with google streets) to get the feel of a neighborhood before committing to anything.
Hello Cometgirl91,

If you would like to find out if you could purchase instead of rent, I will be happy to help you.

I can be reached on my cell phone: 202 573-6035 or you can go to my online link: http://www.loansbycatherine.com.

Catherine Purcell
Senior Mortgage Loan Officer
Fairway Independent Mortgage Corporation
cell 202 573-6035
catherinep@fairwaymc.com
Cometgirl,

Do you already have a job in Baltimore? Many of these young professionals work in Baltimore, but many, also, take advantage of the commuter trains to work in DC, while enjoying the lifestyle of Baltimore. Keep in mind, that neighborhoods, which are close to each other in Baltimore can be drastically different in their makeup so it is important to work with someone who understands the differences which are important to you. Federal Hill is a nice area, but it is definitely not the only nice area in Baltimore. Do you realize that if you relocate from New York to Baltimore that you will have to be a fan of the Orioles, not the Yankees?
Contact Suzie Coronel .....suzie@crabbyhomes.com. I have worked with Suzie is the downtown Baltimore area and a young professional herself she is a excellent match for your needs.

Greg Myers
RE/MAX Realty Group