Rentals in Atlanta>Question Details

Ashley Mitch…, Other/Just Looking in

I am a single 27 yr old female planning to relocate to Atlanta in the summer of 2013. I am looking for an agent to help with finding my first home.

Asked by Ashley Mitchell, Sun Nov 4, 2012

I will be in ATL in January to get the ball rolling for my move. I am open to any area as long as its safe. I will be renting my home and looking a 2br. I am really open to any advice and help.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Atlanta

Answers

17
Hi Ashley,

I know you're excited about your move and smart to start shopping early...check out this amazing resource to help learn about all the different communities that the Metro Atlanta area has to offer...

http://www.newmoversnetwork.com/atlanta/cathy

Of course proximity to work, schools, etc. matter...I'd love to assist you in your search!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
That link was very helpful. Thanks soooo much. I am looking to rent an apartment not purchase a home. Would you still be able to help me in my search?
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hi Ashley and welcome to Atlanta. If I am understanding you correctly, you currently own a home and are planning on renting it and are looking to purchase a 2bedroom home in Atlanta. If this is the case and if you have not already taken the first step and that is getting pre-qualified then I suggest you do so first by either contacting the lender of your choice or if you need assistance then when you decide to hire an agent, he or she will be able to help you with all the steps needed to purchasing your Atlanta home. If you have not hired a buyer's agent yet please consider me. It would be my pleasure to serve you. Best wishes.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hi Ashley,

We locate apartments in the Atlanta metro area for free and would be happy to assist you. Can you send us what you need exactly with your budget and must haves.

Kindest regards,

The RGW Team!
Hello Ashley,

I am sure you have had lots of advice from a number of agents in the Atlanta area. I would suggest intereviewing the agents and realtors that respond to your question and make your decision based on the most personable and knowledgeable agent you interview. Make sure they know and work the area you want to live in. Also ask if you are not satisfied with their services can you stop using them and work with another agent. Ultimately you and the seller are the most important reason for our profession. You can contact me anytime with questions at 770-238-7318 or email me at sellerb2002@gmail.com
Hi Ashley!

We would love to help you with your rental search. Our services are completely free and we have a ton of discounted rentals in the area. Please us your wants and needs!
Hi Ashley,

You'll want to make sure that you qualify for the house that you will be buying (if that's your intention). Your question says you'll be renting your home (I'm assuming you mean the one you are leaving behind).

From the lender prospective, you'll have to qualify for the house with the mortgage payment of your current home (if any) plus any applicable expenses (taxes/insurance/HOA dues) plus adding the expense of the new home plus any minimum payments showing up on your credit report or bank loans or employment loans (not including 401k loans).

If this is going to be issue, you'll need to show more income, buy less house or rent until your rental property has been seasoned for at least 1 to 2 years (lender/agency specific). There are a lot of new rules that are coming out with regard to investment properties and a few that already came out that have been deal killers.

Definitely, you'll want to talk to a lender. Rodney Mason is a good LO to talk to. Don't you dare pay cash for a house in this economy.
Hi Ashely,

I am a Relocation Specialist and will be happy to assist you wether you decide to buy or rent for some time.

There are plenty of nice and safe areas around Metro Atlanta; what really matters is where you need to commute on the regular basis. Traffic in Atlanta can be quite an issue.

I would love to learn more about all the "must have" and "good to have" features of your future home.

Feel free to call, email or start looking at homes on my website, http://www.AtlantaSelectHomes.com

Look forward to hearing from you!

Cordially,

Veronika Barash, Realtor®,

RELOCATION SPECIALIST

CERTIFIED SKILLED NEGOTIATOR

REO & SHORT SALE CERTIFIED

CERTIFIED MARKETING SPECIALIST

http://www.AtlantaSelectHomes.com

678.230.4235 c

678.287.4800 o

404.410.6983 f

Keller Williams Realty Consultants
Hi Ashley,

You are very smart to start your search early and come to a great forum like this one on Trulia. I like to tell people "Atlanta is what you want it to be". From plain vanilla suburbs, to niche neighborhoods, in the middle of the city, there is truly a life style and home choice for everyone. OK, no surfing or skiing nearby.

I have lived here for 20 years and have a pretty good handle on what is going on in the neighborhoods around me. Give me a call and I will try to point you in the right direction.

Dave Herren
404-425-4945
Best Atlanta Properties
Ashley - you'll love Atlanta.

Ask yourself...

Where do I want to have fun when work is over?

How much green space do I need nearby?

Do I need newer, fresher property for lease or can I live in a cool, older property?

If you have pets, then what do they need where you live?

How much time is too much time behind a windshield on a Georgia interstate highway?

How much retail therapy do I need a short distance away?

How much can I really afford and do I have to sacrifice a little to get what I want in Atlanta?

If you want an Intown tour, please call me.
Web Reference: Http://intowninsider.com
Hi Ashley: My name is Marlene Godwin, with Solid Source Realty, Inc. 404-313-4791 mobile., marlenegodwin@comcast.net. I have been in the Real Estate Business for 30 years. Relocating Folks has been one of my strong points. In order for me to help you I need some info. As time goes by I will learn more about your needs as you will learn more about our Communities.

Please share your contact info with me.
Also, It will help me to know some background,
Are you employed or in school? Where in Atlanta?
What price range works best for you?
Do you have special needs? Transportation? Other needs?
Is there something special about where you live that you think I should know?
Please share with me the dates you will be in Atlanta so that I can put it on the calendar.

Please let me hear from you. Marlene marlenegodwin@comcast.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hi Ashley!
I'd love to help you find your 2 bedroom home. We are around the same age and I think I can relate to your needs best. Please contact me anytime and we can start your search.

Katya Cooper
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Perimeter
Realtor ®

Email: katya@kw.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
i understood! im taking about a place to rent)
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012
I am looking to rent an apartment not purchase a home. Are you still available to help with my search?
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hi, Ashley,
In Atlanta metro, the best place to start looking is from your job outward. Traffic in Atlanta is a major consideration when looking for a home. That said, since you're a young single woman, I assume that you would like to live in an area of like style people. There are many intown neighborhoods within walking distance of coffee shops, bars, shops restaurant and rapid transit. I am an Atlanta native and live in an intown neighborhood. My office is in Decatur, GA., which is one of the most desirable places to live in the inner city. I have nieces who are your age and a daughter who is 22, so they keep me informed of the "hip" places to go. Please feel free to contact me. I would be glad to meet with you in January to begin your search. I can also recommend a lender for you to contact to get the money part taken care of. I love working with first time home buyers!

Stephany Cross
Keller Williams Metro Atlanta
315 W. Ponce de Leon Ave., Suite 100
Decatur, GA 30030
stephany@jimcross.com
404-422-0747
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
I've realized my question wasn't completely clear. I am looking to rent an apartment and I won't be purchasing my first home. Are you still able to help me with my search?
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Hello Ashley Mitchell, thank you for your inquiry about purchasing a home in Atlanta. And congrats on relocating and being a first time homebuyer!

I am a Buyer's Agent and work with many first time buyers. I would welcome the opportunity to help you in your search for a home if you are not already under contract with another agent? With just a few questions, we can get you headed in the right direction.

My contact information is below. Please feel free to email/text or phone me at any time!

I look forward to your reply and to assisting you.

Again, Thank You!

Elizabeth 'Beppy' Walton, Realtor
ASP, CFIS, DPP
Keller Williams
C/404 234 9418
beppyswalton@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Thank you for your interest in helping with my search. I've realized I wasn't clear with my post. I am looking to rent an apartment and not purchase my first home. Are you still able to help me with my search?
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012
Ashley,

My team and I would be happy to assist you narrow your seach. Check out our webside and profile.

Bruce Ailion,
RE/MAX Greater Atlanta
An Atlanta Real Estate Expert Serving Clients Since 1979
RE/MAX Hall of Fame – REALTOR Phoenix Award
CRS, CRB, ABR, MSRE, CDPE, CIAS, e-PRO, ESQ
Certified Residential Specialist
Certified Real Estate Broker
Accredited Buyers Agent
MS Real Estate and Urban Affairs
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Investor Agent Specialist
Certified Internet Professional
203K Certified Specialist
Attorney
2050 Roswell Road
Marietta GA 30062
404-978-2281 Direct
404-386-3682 Assistant Robin
678-760-6266 Buyer’s Agent Adam
770-973-9700 Office
bruce@locationlocationlocation.com
http://www.LocationLocationLocation.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
12 Questions to Ask When Choosing a Real Estate Agent

Make sure you choose a real estate agent who will provide top-notch service and meet your unique needs.
1.How long have you been in residential real estate sales? Is it your full-time job? While experience is no guarantee of skill, real estate — like many other professions — is mostly learned on the job.

2.What designations do you hold? Designations such as GRI and CRS — which require that agents take additional, specialized real estate training — are held by only about one-quarter of real estate practitioners.

3.How many homes did you and your real estate brokerage sell last year? By asking this question, you’ll get a good idea of how much experience the practitioner has.

4.How many days did it take you to sell the average home? How did that compare to the overall market? The realtor you interview should have these facts on hand, and be able to present market statistics from the local MLS to provide a comparison.

5.How close to the initial asking prices of the homes you sold were the final sale prices? This is one indication of how skilled the realtor is at pricing homes and marketing to suitable buyers. Of course, other factors also may be at play, including an exceptionally hot or cool real estate market.

6.What types of specific marketing systems and approaches will you use to sell my home? You don’t want someone who’s going to put a For Sale sign in the yard and hope for the best. Look for someone who has aggressive and innovative approaches, and knows how to market your property competitively on the Internet. Buyers today want information fast, so it’s important that your realtor is responsive.

7.Will you represent me exclusively, or will you represent both the buyer and the seller in the transaction? While it’s usually legal to represent both parties in a transaction, it’s important to understand where the practitioner’s obligations lie. Your realtor should explain his or her agency relationship to you and describe the rights of each party.

8.Can you recommend service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, make home repairs, and help with other things I need done? Because realtors are immersed in the industry, they’re wonderful resources as you seek lenders, home improvement companies, and other home service providers. Practitioners should generally recommend more than one provider and let you know if they have any special relationship with or receive compensation from any of the providers.

9.What type of support and supervision does your brokerage office provide to you? Having resources such as in-house support staff, access to a real estate attorney, and assistance with technology can help an agent sell your home.

10.What's your business philosophy? While there's no right answer to this question, the response will help you assess what’s important to the agent and determine how closely the agent’s goals and business emphasis mesh with your own.

11.How will you keep me informed about the progress of my transaction? How frequently? Again, this is not a question with a correct answer, but it reflects your desires. Do you want updates twice a week or do you not want to be bothered unless there’s a hot prospect? Do you prefer phone, e-mail, or a personal visit?

12.Could you please give me the names and phone numbers of your three most recent clients? Ask recent clients if they would work with this realtor again. Find out whether they were pleased with the communication style, follow-up, and work ethic of the real estate agent.

Let me know if I can assist you in your home search. Feel free to review available properties on my website. Also review the links under the "local community" tab. Very valuable information!

Fred Yancy, Broker
Crye-Leike Realtors
(678) 799-4663
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
I'm confused by your statements. Are you looking to buy or rent? If you're wanting to buy your "first home", then you first need to talk to a lender to find out what you qualify for. But then you say you'll be "renting my home"? Does this mean you currently own a home, and you'll rent it out?

I think you need to clarify what you're trying to do. Then you need to find the right professionals to make it happen (lender, and Realtor).

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Sorry for the confusion but I am looking to rent not purchase. And I say "my first home" because I will be on my own for the first time. Big step for me. :-)
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012