Rentals in Dallas>Question Details

Simpson, Renter in Chicago, IL

I am a section 8 tenant and I would like to port from Chicago to Dallas, Tx. I am looking to apply to graduate schools out there. Any recommendations?

Asked by Simpson, Chicago, IL Fri Jan 31, 2014

I am looking for realtors who are familiar with Dallas, Tx. I am from the suburbs and I've heard to not move near south, Tx. I do not want to stay in a project area. I have always lived in mixed- income neighborhoods.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Dallas

Answers

8
I can get a little more information from you concerning this rental, or you txt me...(214) 646-8447
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 7, 2014
Have you worked with someone who had section 8?
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Have you worked with section 8 vouchers before in Tx?
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
Hi there and congrats on the move to TEXAS.

A very helpful website to locate Section 8 properties on is:

http://www.gosection8.com.
I am a senior and looking for a one bedroom apartment, I have my section 8 voucher. I would like to move to Dallas from Des Moines,Iowa
would you give me the address and phone number to contact your manager. I will be leaving in August.
Simpson am not requesting for a Realator fee, just send me a txt...ok ?
I am not interested in paying realtors a fee.
The first thing you need to do is choose the city you are going to "port" your voucher to. Once you do that you will be limited to an area or territory that the Housing Authority can cover which will determine where you will be able to choose a home or apartment. Your voucher will also be based on a "zip code area" which will determine how much you are able to spend on rent. If you need help finding a place give me a call...I would love to help you find the perfect place. http://www.thepadhunter.com

Donna Lee - (972)369-3120
Flag Sat Feb 8, 2014
TWU is in Denton which is a wonderful community! I am not familiar with their guidelines for Section 8 so I highly suggest you contact to school to see what they have as far information for housing. Denton is located approximately one hour north of Dallas proper.
Actually it depends on exactly where south, there are plenty of nice neighborhoods (Cedar Hill/Desoto/Lancaster) that are considered "Black" versions of the nice North neighborhoods (Plano/Richardson/Frisco). I suggest reviewing the crime from this website on any property you are viewing and it is most likely up to date. Go south of I-20 and you could do just as well with finding a nice place to reside that would feature a mixed neighborhood. Utilize the train system to get anywhere as well so it won't matter how far South or North you go if train access is not far.
Thank you! Do these neighborhoods accept section 8 for a 1 bedroom, though.
Flag Mon Feb 3, 2014