Rentals in Secaucus>Question Details

Sascha, Renter in New York

I am a renter in NYC and want to live in NJ but commute to NYC via train or bus. I need a safe, clean and friendly neighborhood.

Asked by Sascha, New York Wed Apr 3, 2013

I need parking readily available. My price range is $1350 max. Any realtors or development recommendations.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Secaucus

Answers

7
Sascha,

I hope this message finds you well. Please feel free to contact me if you are still in the market to make a move to NJ. Please call or text 201-401-8804.

Collette DiNardo
SYNERGY REALTY GROUP
7705 Broadway, NB, NJ 07047
201-861-5504
Sascha, southern Middlesex County and northern Monmouth county have several towns with rentals that may meet your needs. However, before any REALTOR® could make specific recommendations to you, he/she would need some more information.

I'm assuming that you have no pets and that you're looking for a one bedroom rental.

Would you prefer a condo rental or an apartment in a house? Would you prefer to walk to the train station (or bus stop), or would you drive and park your car there? If you can drive, you also have the option of taking a high-speed ferry into NYC. Do you have friends who already live in NJ, and would you like to be close to them?

If you decided to pick northern Monmouth County you'd be close to the beaches.

Good luck on your rental search- lots of us would be glad to help you.

Len

Leonard “Len” Dunikoski, GRI
REALTOR® Associate
Diane Turton Realtors – Rumson Office
8 West River Road
Rumson, NJ 07760

(732) 239-0739 (cell) (732) 530-6686 (office)

ldunikoski@dianeturton.com

http://www.rumsonfairhavenhome.com
Hi Sascha,
I have an appartment for rent in Secaucus that fits your search. Direct rent. No realtors or fees.
Please contact me @ valebaires@gmail.com

There are currently 4 units on the market for between $1,200 and $1,400. Secaucus, as you probably know, has numerous options for transport into NYC.

Contact me if you would like further details.

Regards.
Dominick Gratale
Empire Realty Group Meadowlands
207-325-0033
Sascha,

From my experience, any rentals near the trains/highways/busses to NYC, in areas you described, usually are more than $1350 but of course there are always some exceptions.

First choosing WHERE you want to live, will help you better choose a LOCAL realtor who can help you and will have knowledge of the area, commute time, locations of trains or bus stops etc.

I DID a quikc search of a few places and did find 5 places in either Westfield, Berkeley Heights or Scotch Plains (areas that are near trains to NY) that are under $1350.

Feel free to give me a call so we can discuss your needs
Hi Sascha,

I see that you are looking to move to NJ and still commute to NYC, I am an Agent working out of Union County. There are plenty of nice towns in Middlesex and Union Counties that have clean and friendly neighborhoods yet are close to the train station. If you want to give me a call I would be glad to help you find a home.

Ronald Sheedy
Coldwell Banker - Robert Michael Realty
(732) 239-7452 Cell
Thank you for the response. I have taken your information and will get in touch with you the closer i am to my moving date will be at the end of June (the expiration of my lease).
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013
Hi Sascha,
I see that you are looking to move to NJ and posted for rentals in Secaucus. I'm not sure if the Secaucus area is a must for you or not. There are some great areas a little further west that are safe, clean and friendly, within some nice towns and are along the Nj train lines that you might like to look at. Let me know if you want some more info.
Jane
Ms Jennings, thanks for the reply. Secaucus was just 1 town that i was told was good but in reality, i am open to anywhere that meets the above requirements so any information you have would be helpful. Also, as an edit, i am looking to live somewhere where my commuting costs for NJ transit would be under 10 a day if possible. My lease expires at the end of June 2013 so i would need to find an apartment before then.
Flag Thu Apr 4, 2013