Rentals in Gilbert>Question Details

RJ, Home Owner in Gilbert, AZ

I am a new out-of-state landlord. How should I file my TPT tax? Can my property manager help? What are the steps needed?

Asked by RJ, Gilbert, AZ Mon Feb 11, 2013

My property manager collects the tax but she does not transmit it. What should I do? Should I apply for business license, then pay the tax to the state? My property has been rented since the beginning of 4th quarter in 2012. I appreciate any advice.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Gilbert

Help the community by answering this question:


Every property management company is different, but at our brokerage, we file the TPT on behalf of our Landlords, as part of our monthly services to our Landlords. You should contact the Arizona Department of Revenue to apply for a business license. The cost is minimal: $14. Then you need to file monthly by the 20th, for the month prior. For example, January's TPT must be paid by Feb. 20th. The Gilbert tax is 1.5% of the amount collected. You don't have to pay TPT on the security deposit unless it's paid out to you. Hope this helps!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 11, 2013
Thanks! If I am behind in paying TPT, will I be penalized? My PM did not offer us this service and I was clueless that we should do this.
Flag Tue Feb 12, 2013
Thanks! If I am behind for paying the TPT, will I be penalized? My property management did not perform this service and I was clueless regarding this.
Flag Tue Feb 12, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer