Rentals in San Diego County>Question Details

Crystal Rodr…, Renter in San Diego County, CA

I am a navy wife my husband is due to come home from an 8 month deployment in Nov. we will be needing a 3 bedroom home for rent no more then 1700/mo

Asked by Crystal Rodriguez, San Diego County, CA Fri Oct 4, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Crystal,

If your husband is coming back and has VA benefits, why dont you guys look into purchasing a home, as opposed to renting? Depending on the area, you might be able to buy a home with a comparable payment at todays interest rates...

There is a good resource if you would like to get an education on the home buying process, as well as put a plan together, and take steps toward home ownership. Its at http://www.ourhomeplan.com

You should check it out. Have a great day!

Daniel Lehman
858-345-4725
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013
Completely understand, Crystal... I was in the Marines for 5 years... We purchased a home, and had that exact thing happen, but we kept it as a rental, and it has worked out great... Our rental income covers our mortgage, and we are already 10 years into paying it off... All I am saying is look into your options... Best of luck! If you need any help or guidance, please let me know..
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013
We aren't interested in buying a home because hes in the military we have no idea how long we will be there, and we don't want to take the chance of getting moved and having to worry about paying a mortgage and then also paying rent at our new home... that is why renting is better for us right now
Flag Sat Oct 5, 2013
I would be happy to help. Give me a call anytime!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 4, 2013
Awesome :-) I will call first thing in the morning!! Thank you!
Flag Fri Oct 4, 2013
Hi Crystal,

We have found that Craigslist is your best option for a rental. 85% to 95% of all rentals leased in San Diego County are found using Craigslist. It is used to advertise rentals by property owners, property management companies and agents alike. The rental listings are far more up to date than what you will find anywhere else.

Start your search by putting your preferred zip code in the search box and then enter the rest of your requirements, including the check boxes for pets if needed. There is also a pull down menu for the type of property you are seeking (apartment, house, etc) Check often and call/e-mail right away as many rentals move quickly.

Beware of rental scam listings and ads that "look too good to be true”. Make sure you talk to the person managing the property and meet them to see it. Scams usually involve people asking for a deposit in order to see the property. The "owner" usually states they live out of state or out of the country. Other scams involve people stealing pictures from homes for sale and then posting it as a rental with a low rental rate.

By the way, Neil seems to know his business, we suggest talking to him.

Best of luck to you,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
National Association of Realtors
CA BRE License 01713506.
Absolutely there is someone that can help. You need FBS. Rentals are what we do. Rentals are all we do. Rentals are who we are in San Diego for more than 4 decades. We currently operate rental properties in 69 zip codes throughout the region. We have become the best center for resources essential to renters by choice as well as independent rental owners. We bring industry Best Practices to both. I appreciate the nearly 13,000 Trulia visitors that keep up with my profile as well as the 203,000 that follow Neil Fjellestad's blog. However, my perspective is only one thing that makes FBS the industry leader it is. Our unsurpassed team, our systematic approach to leasing & rendering service to our renters, our daily incorporating technologies that others are just talking about are all reasons for our leadership. But our leadership only matters when it matters to you. First, visit our educational blog website http://www.RentSenseBlog.com Then it is on to our virtual office (we have a full site and a mobile site for those that visit from a smart phone or pad) http://www.fbs-pm.com to understand how easy we are to work with by giving you a place to view available rental homes; apply on line; pay rent online and communicate maintenance concerns. Finally, contact one of our Rental Centers. For rental homes located north of 52 we have a North County Office. 858-487-4004. For the homes south of 52 there is our Metro Office 619-286-7600.

Web Reference: http://www.fbs-pm.com/rentals
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 5, 2013