Using Trulia in Poughkeepsie>Question Details

Jasmine, Real Estate Pro in 12601

I WANT TO RENTING MY HOUSE,HOW TO DO IT?

Asked by Jasmine, 12601 Sun Sep 11, 2011

3 B.RM 1 BATH

Answers

7
@ McMullen,

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrations you've encountered using Trulia. Listing agents, landlords and property managers who submit rental listings to us can update the information associated with their listings on our site and they are responsible for doing so. If they have a problem however, Trulia's Customer Service team can help.

If you need to get in touch with our Customer Service team for help, please feel free to email me directly - emily at trulia dot com - and I'll put you in touch with them.

Best Wishes,

Emily
A suggestion was to use Trulia. I would say Trulia is NOT a "user friendly" site. I have had problems for months with Trulia and they do not respond. Homes are not updated, pictures are old. Realtors I contacted say they can do nothing as Trulia is responsible for removing a listing when it is expired. They can not change even the photos. So if you are looking to rent or to post a rental, I would not use Trulia.
THANKS A LOT!

I WILL TRY ON IT.
Correct your spelling, "I want to Rent my house. How do I do it?" use Craigs List or a realtor, tho you will no doubt have to pay a realtor fee if they get you a renter.
Use the papers if you can afford it.... and simple put a sign on your property. Many people like to view the area they want to live in and will call if they see a sign on a property. Good Luck
Jasmine, where is your house? I know some well qualified renters, looking for Hyde park/Salt Point area. Perhaps it would work out.Email me: Walaszek@optonlne.net
Hi Jasmine,

If you haven't already, you can post your home for rent on Trulia via the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Erekuff
Community Moderator
You can either do it by yourself or get a real estate broker to assist you. It usually ends up costing exactly the same; the money you save on a broker's commission is the same as losing an extra month's rent it usually takes to do it yourself. In either case, you'll want to prepare your home for listing, the same as if you were trying to sell it. Make it as clean and appealing as possible. Update appliances if it makes sense. Then you'll have to do property showings, take applications, check applicants' credit histories, sign a lease agreement and manage the rental property and rental relationship.
Web Reference: http://www.archershomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 11, 2011