Rentals in Rochester Hills>Question Details

nakeeta broo…, Renter in Rochester, NY

I RENTED A PROPERTY AND ABOUT 3 MOS IN THE CEILING CAVED IN AND DESTROYED MY PROPERTY I SUED THE LANDLORD AND WON BUT HE NEVER GAVE ME MY SECURITY

Asked by nakeeta brooks, Rochester, NY Wed May 4, 2011

BACK AS WELL ONE MONTH WAS DUE AT THE TIME I MOVED OUT DO I GETS THAT BACK?

Answers

3
Nakeeta,

All lease are not the same. We don't know what your settlement was that the judge awarded you with.

Security deposit is held by the landlord for the duration of your lease. It is your money unless you have caused damage to the property. Did the landlord tell you why is hasn't paid it to you? He shsould of given you an itemized list of deductions from your security deposit. If you do not agree with it, I beleive you can go to small claim court. You do not need a lawyer to file a claim.
If your security depost was already covered in the judgement, then I would ask someone at the court what your options are.
I am not a lawyer & can not give you legal advise. Just giving you some places to go to seek things out for yourself.

Good Luck
Nakeeta:

As Anna said that's a legal question and you would need to talk to an attorney. Look over your judgement and see if these issues were covered in the judgement.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
586-709-8465
kpaytas@mirealsource.com
Since you are asking a legal question, consult with an attorney...was the security deposit part of your judgement....