Rentals in Philadelphia>Question Details

rivka.watkins, Renter in Philadelphia, PA

How to find tiny apartments?

Asked by rivka.watkins, Philadelphia, PA Mon Aug 13, 2012

I'm thinking of moving to Philadelphia. I currently live in a 275 sq.ft. apartment in Boulder and love it. I really feel I'd rattle around in something much larger. Most of the search sites I've looked at have 600 sq. ft. minimum. Can anyone recommend a good Philadelphia site for 250-350 sq ft apartments?

Answers

6
R. Eric Axelson’s answer
Hi, many cities/states have laws regulating the minimum size of apartments. While i don't beliee we have anyway, the smallest you're going to find here is 350sf on average. I have the perfect two buildings for you, both in the heart of Center City. Please email me so I can send to you out of the Realtors' MLS system.

When are you moving here?

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
267.507.2287
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 13, 2012
How tiny!

We have many trinities (simple layer cake row houses with one room per floor) in a number of neighborhoods. Try Northern Liberties, Queen Village or Washington Square West.

There are very few smaller than a trinity - appx 500 sf. / email if you need more direction!

Ana Barlow
The Barlow Group
Keller Williams CC

anabarlow@gmail.com
267.408.8036
I am in Philadelphia and try to find you something.

I need to know where in the City you want to live and what your budget is.

Fred Glick
215-238-9400
fred@fredglick.com
Broker, U S Spaces, Inc.
Web Reference: http://usspaces.com
the difference beetween 600 and 350 sq/ft will be around $100-$150
In the same condo complex in N. east of philadelphia 1 bedroom is $550- 600/month and 2 bedroom $ 750 +
The price depend on the areI ve got in a gated condo 2 bedroom with 2 bath on the 3rd floor for $750/ month including water, laminate floring and in very good condition
As you relocate out of Boulder - keep in mind our City's open space policy creates really high population density and in turn, higher prices per square foot. Philadelphia does not have an open space policy and is a much larger community (it's a Big City compared to our big town). While there is likely smaller housing available in Philly, six hundred square feet may be considered really small in that market.

Another Q - what part of Boulder are you in now? 275 sq ft - suggests Pearl Street type location (or The Hill). Maybe you want to narrow your Philly search to the best neighboroods - you'll find the places are smaller because real estate will be at a premium - though possibly larger than Boulder. Good luck. BTW: do you have a place to sell?
Thanks! And no, but if you know someone who loves the pearl street area (14th&arapahoe) and likes small apartments, my place will probably be coming up for rent in October or November.
Flag Mon Aug 13, 2012