Rentals in Prospect Heights>Question Details

Cree, Renter in Brooklyn, NY

How realistic are my wants given my credit etc?

Asked by Cree, Brooklyn, NY Mon May 27, 2013

I'm looking in the Clinton Hill/Ft. Greene/Prospect Heights area for a good-sized, well-lit 3 bedroom in a pretty prewar building or a brownstone. Credit is "fair/average" (664) due to a failed business related bankruptcy in '07 - I've never had late payments before or since. I'm self-employed, average 93-100K. Will be living with my sister whose budget is 800/mo but she has bad credit and will use a guarantor. I have 2 dogs (standard poodles). I don't want to pay more than 1 month broker fee. I'm new to the city so I need to know if my circumstances can get me what I want.

Answers

1
in that area the broker fee is usually 15% of the annual rent..you can be the main lease holder. just offer extra security and you should be good
Thanks for your response. How much is the security deposit usually? What would be "extra?" .... another month?
Flag Tue May 28, 2013