Rentals in San Antonio>Question Details

Jordan Vasqu…, Renter in San Antonio, TX

How old do you have to be to rent a home in San Antonio?

Asked by Jordan Vasquez, San Antonio, TX Mon Apr 15, 2013

I'm 20 years old, about to be 21. I have the financial needs for renting a home, and am currently looking for a 4 bedroom. I have found three I really am interested in.

Also, I am going to be needing a home May 26-29, should I already be talking to home owners? I have money for a down payment. Just don't know how early I should be contacting.

Answers

3
Diana Tawil’s answer
Hi Jordan,

Sounds like you are off to a good start. You are certainly of age to rent a home. I recommend starting around 30 days before you want to start your new lease.

I can save you a lot of time by emailing you a report of available homes that meet your criteria and provide you help along the way until you sign your lease, at no cost to you. You can also send me the addresses of the homes that you found and I will send you information on them.

Send me an email when you are ready, diana@thehornco.com.

All the best in your home search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
Sounds like you need someone to guide you through this first time venture. You are old enough to rent, all room mates much qualify individually for the entire rent - even though you are splitting the rent. If you are talking about buying a property, you need to first be qualified - please contact a lender to help you through this process.
Let me know if I can be of any help.

Sue
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
You can buy and rent at 18, but you need to be approved by owner/property manager or Bank in case if purchase. If you want, I can help you to buy, payments are lower than rent and the benefits of Home Ownership can not compare to rent.
On the other hand it is never to early to start, but just make sure you mention to the owner/property manager your dates to move in.
Good Luck
Find your next home at http://www.JoseSellsSanAntonio.com