Rentals in 11229>Question Details

Andrea, Renter in 11229

How much does it run to have the help of a realestate agent to find a rental apartment in Brooklyn, NYC metro area?

Asked by Andrea, 11229 Sat Oct 1, 2011

My mother has been living in an apartment for approximately 9 years, and needs to find a 1 bedroom apartment in the sheepshead bay area of brooklyn, ny. We would really like to consider the help of a realestate agent in this process, but do not really know much about the process and how much it will cost. We are also limited in our search, so we really need the help of an agent to help find rentals. She needs to be near my grandmother in the nursing home on Nostrand Avenue and Avenue U. Within walking distance preferrably.

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 11229

Answers

3
I work for Coldwell Banker and I service your area. I can show apartments and handle transportation for you. The fee through my agency is one months rent of what ever place you choose to rent.

My name is Karen Rasmussen and I can be reached at karen.rasmussen@cbmoves.com

Hope this helps and have a nice day!

Karen Rasmussen
Hi Andrea,

While it's true that commissions can be negotiated, every agent, and every firm has their own ideas of what is appropriate and what isn't. You will typically find agents collecting one months worth of rent from their tenants as commission on rental buildings (those being represented by the landlord/managing company). And this fee can easily go up if you are looking at broker listed apartments. This fee typically ranges from 1 month rent, up to 15% of the years rent as commission.

Good luck to you.
Commission is always negotiable between you and your agent, therefore discuss the question with your agent of choice...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011