Rentals in 14222>Question Details

Brigid, Renter in 14222

How much does it cost to hire a real estate agent to find a rental apartment in buffalo, ny?

Asked by Brigid, 14222 Thu Apr 29, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 14222

Answers

7
Hello!
i also am trying to find a house to rent in buffalo ny
I am struggling big time. Did you have any luck with a real estate agent? please let me know
Kristin
Most agents work on a commission of a percentage of the sale. that number is different depending on the type of Real Estate for sale. You can also hire an agent to locate property for you. Be sure to understand all fees are negotiable.
Web Reference: http://bytesland.com
Hi Brigid, with rentals there are two ways to go... the landlord may pay the agent, or you may be asked to pay the first month's rent as commission. This depends entirely on the agreement with the landlord.

For help and the most competitive rate, please contact me with your full anme and phone number and I will put you in touch with a colleague from my company who focuses on Buffalo.

Also you can read my blog - Top 10 Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Agent. Link below. Good luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 17, 2010
Dear Brigid:

It does not cost you anything for us to help you find a rental. The owner (landlord) is responsible for the commission. Please let us know if you would like some help. Thank you! Michelle & Tom Stone
It doesnt cost you anything. Any rental unit listed with an agent is charged a commission. Its the same with buyers looking for a home. They are charged nothing. The lister is charged a commission to find a buyer for there home.

If this helped at all please notify me at
tmoore@realtyusa.com
Thank you
Tammy Moore
Realty USA
425-3159
Dear Brigid:

It will not cost you as the renter for us to locate a rental apartment, however, we will only search on the Multiple Listing System. We would be happy to assist you. We are currently assisting others in search for rentals. Please let us know if we can be of assistance. Thank you! Michelle
The agent's commission will depend on the actual agreed monthly rent payment that will appear in your lease--and commissions do vary, there are no set standars--ask your agent the question, he/she can answer accurately.