Rentals in Port Charlotte>Question Details

Angela, Home Buyer in Port Charlotte, FL

How much do leasing agents for residential single family homes in Port Charlotte charge.?

Asked by Angela, Port Charlotte, FL Thu Jan 6, 2011

Answers

4
Agents on the average, could charge a flat % or 1 month's rent which is normally paid by the Landlord to the agent. Rental Agents should run a Credit Check and in some cases they will run a cursory background check. Some Agents, in this area, also are available for "Property Management" in the event the Landlord is not located in the area. the agent, if agreed to, will secure contractors for repairs, lawn & pool service, and cleaning.
I am located here in Port Charlotte and I am available to answer any further questions you may have,
Are you looking to rent a property that you own? If you list it with a Realtor they usually charge a flat fee or first months rent. They can put it in the MLS for you. I would be happy to give you more details. You can contact me by email at tammyhayesre@gmail.com. If you are looking for a property management company to lease it and take care of everything for you, I would recommend http://www.rentmeflorida.com

Tammy Hayes, Realtor, Sandals Realty, Punta Gorda, FL tammyhayesre@gmail.com
Hi Angela,

Leasing agents normally get paid by the landlord. Are you inquiring about becoming a renter and any fee they charge the tenant or are you looking for info about what a landlord may expect to pay a leasing agent?

Alma
Keep in mind that commissions are always negotiable, there are no set standards as it would go against Federal Laws-- therefore interview a few agents from different realty offices, and choose the one you like best, and the one who has the most to offer--choose your agent with care.