Rentals in Haworth>Question Details

Erica Seo So…, Home Buyer in Pittsburgh, PA

How long would a commute to downtown NYC take? What methods are there to go to NYC (bus, train?) from Haworth and Demarest?

Asked by Erica Seo Song, Pittsburgh, PA Mon Apr 25, 2011

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Haworth

Answers

4
Hi Erica,
I have another alternative suggestion for you. Now you can drive to Secaucus and take the train from there. While the ferry ride is my favorite means of getting into Manhattan, especially downtown, Kathleen is correct in suggesting the train as the best method. It's just nice to have a backup plan.
Hi Erika: Commuting to NYC from any Bergen County town is easy and fast. Go to http://www.njtransit.com to see all the train stations, bus terminals and stops and other information from anywhere in New Jersey.
If the link is not active here then copy and paste it into your browser.

Call me when you are ready to look at homes, condos or townhomes in any Bergen County town. I have 25 years in the industry and would be happy to show you some great places to live.

Carolynn Monaco
Sotheybys
201-639-5555
There are several options. An express bus would take you to the Port Authority from which you would need to take a subway downtown. The entire trip would take approximately 60 min door to door depending on location of your business. You could take a train to Hoboken from Oradell (approx 5 mins from the west side of Haworth) if someone could drop you off or you could drive to River Edge for public parking. (about 15 min drive). The train ride to Hoboken is appro 30 mins. From Hoboken you could take the path train to the WTC or the ferry to the Financial Center. Either of these options, the train plus path or ferry would take approximately 50 mins during peak times. Other options include driving to a park and ride on the NJ Turnpike to the port authority, but for downtown travel I would recommend the train. I know, I did it for 20 years. The travel times allowed me to read the Newspapers and catch up on paperwork.
Hi Erica,
Go to njtransit.com for both bus and train info.
Type in starting point then final destination of Port Authoriy for bus or World Trade and Penn Station for train options.
Good Luck and welcome to NJ,
Chris Gubb
Tarvin Realtor
Ridgewood, NJ