Andy.T, Home Buyer in Los Angeles County, CA

How is the rental market in Rancho Palos ?

Asked by Andy.T, Los Angeles County, CA Tue Jun 19, 2012

someone with experience in this area can tell me how is the rental market in Rancho Palos? I am thinking to buy single- fam property here and rent out but I'm not sure this is good location for rent. it doesn't seem like there is much activity in the rental market in Rancho ! Thanks

Answers

4
Cynthia K Werner’s answer
Andy,

Not only is Rancho Palos Verdes an amazing place to live as a homeowner it is an amazing place for Corporate Relocation Clients. I have been placing and Leasing to new Hire Relocation Clients for the last 4 years and the Leasing requests are doubling if not tripling. As a Relocation Specialist I am telling you it is one of the top asked about locations along the Beach Cities.

Corporations like Toyota, Mattel, Johnson & Johnson, Exxon/Mobil, Raytheon & Boeing are who I have been working with and placing on a daily basis. They are out there and looking so yes it a great idea!
In my opinion the market is good. Available houses under $4,500 per month are slowly increasing which is a typical "end of school' year trend. Available houses above $6,500 is limited with a few very nice ones. There are good number of condos available as well. Do not let the number of available properties fool you because these properties do get leased at this time of the year. Summertime is the time families take rentals on the PV Pennisula to get their kids into the award winning school programs here. If you find something you like, don't delay! Make an offer. Good luck with your search. If you would like assistance do not hesitate to contact me.
Jeff Mikalson
Keller Williams PV Realty
(310) 766-7054
CA DRE #01358936
Hello Andy: The rental market is very strong all over the Palos Verdes Peninsula, including RPV. It may appear that there is not much activity, when actually it's just that there is not much inventory available. As long as your rental property is in good condition, and most often attractive for a family to rent (since typically it's most often families with children seeking the great school system on the Peninsula), and it's priced correctly, you should not have a problem renting it. If you would like to call me to discuss what the rents are going for in a particular area, please feel free to do so and I will give you more information. I can be reached at (310)344-1164 or you can email me at Michelle@MichelleMoebius.com. Best regards, Michelle Moebius, Keller Williams Realty
The rental market has been solid in Rancho Palos Verdes and the rest of the Palos Verdes Pensinsula.
The Multiple Listing Service currently currently indicates 64 single family residences for lease and 152 properties have leased since the beginning of the year.

Return on investment is challenging in this area because the property values are higher than other areas. You may need a larger down payment if you want your property to be break even. If you would like specific information about rental prices and neighborhoods you are considering, I can be reached at 310-802-2393.

Elaine Carlson
Elaine@ElaineCarlson.com
http://www.PalosVerdesSource.com