Rentals in Evanston>Question Details

Kenton Girard, Real Estate Pro in Northfield, IL

How is the area about three blocks west of Green Bay on Emerson? I am considering renting there. Are there NW students and young professionals there?

Asked by Kenton Girard, Northfield, IL Thu Sep 9, 2010

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Evanston

Answers

5
West of Green Bay on Emerson is not soooo bad on the south side of Emerson but the northt side is very uncomfortable to me. Emerson in all honesty is EXTREMELY SCARY!!!! It's a darn shame! AND Dodge..... SCARY!!!!
It's decent - lots of student rentals - although generally it gets bit rougher as you get further away from the NW campus or downtown Evanston to west and south
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 10, 2011
Oooppsss, sorry rent is $950/month including heat...
The area West of Green Bay on Emerson is a very diversified area with people from all walks of life, students, professionals, families, etc...

Your best way to determine who lives there & if this area will meet your standards/criteria is to drive by at different times of the day & come to your own conclusion.

I currently have a 2 bedroom rental at 2007 Dodge, all new windows, hardwood flooring, carpeted bedrooms, huge yards. Feel free to contact me directly. Rent is only $95 including heat.

Hope that helps!

Yes, rental units near Northwestern do accommodate many students. Since this area is also near the downtown and the train, there are also professionals who work in Evanston as well as in Chicago. There are also many restaurants, shops and movie theaters clustered near the downtown just south of the campus, so its vibrancy attracts people of all ages.

If you're looking for a good Evanston rental, just let me know your criteria and I'd be glad to help you find a place that fits your needs and budget.

Dayle Lively