Rentals in Orlando>Question Details

Richard C Lo…, Real Estate Pro in Clermont, FL

How hard or easy is it to obtain a short term rental in Orlando? Short term meaning 6 months.

Asked by Richard C Lokhnauth, Clermont, FL Wed Nov 20, 2013

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Orlando

Answers

5
My team can help you. Please send email to : albastidas@gmail.com
Hi Richard:

Super easy as long as you stay in short term rental zoned areas.

Check out the below website it has 100s of short term rental home:

http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rentals/florida/r30

Hope this helps.

Abraham Bidhendi
Top Producer Realtor® with over 26 years of experience
Awarded as Exit's TOP Buyer side Transactions for the State of Florida
Exit Realty Access, LLC
Direct: (407) 744-2533
Fax: (407) 444-9925
Email: REOsofflorida@msn.com
Website: http://abidhendi.orlandopropertiesonline.com
Kissimmee Office: 391 N. Main St., Kissimmee, FL 34741
Altamonte Springs Office: 660 Palm Springs Dr., Suite D, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
Dear friend: we are in the process of selling our home in Miami (already sold, going thru the rest to close in approx. 60 days). We are trying to find a home in the Clermont (34711& 34715 zips)/Minneola/Groveland areas, preferable being built where we can put all tile, change color cabinets, perhaps select a little larger lot? We don't know what's available but our budget is $175K to $225K with $100K DOWN. Our problem: the logistics of moving to (where??) while the property (where??) is being finished, and being represented LOCALLY. The one agent I had found in Clermont was NOT very nice and I don't wish to deal with him in Century 21. Could you recommend an agent in that area that could take us around and work with us on new properties but most importantly in finding a shorter lease like a 7 month one? We are 3 senior citizens, myself, husband and mother and (3) small dogs (min. hotdogs or daschunds if you know the breed). Would appreciate a prompt reply as we need this solved
Flag Wed Feb 24, 2016
Pretty easy. Just go to the many apartment complexes that exist all over the place. Expect to pay extra for not signing a 12 month lease.
Richard, what area of Orlando are you looking at? I am asking this because only areas zoned for short-term rentals are in Kissimmee, Clermont, and Davenport. In all other cases, the minimum regular leases that at 7 months (and those are not that easy to find), and, in most cases, they are 12-months of length. Depending on your situation, there are different options available. Please, let me know if I could be of your help.

~Natasha~
Thank you Natasha
Flag Wed Nov 20, 2013
Really it depends on what part of town you are looking in... if you are closer to the theme parks short term rentals are allowed and relatively common. Sometimes it depends on the HOA rules and zoning. If you are looking in other parts of Orlando - its a bit more difficult to find. Short term rentals are subject to sales tax in Florida and typically homeowners prefer to have long term tenants, but I wouldn't say its impossible!

Teaming up with a great property management company will help you to ensure you find the right fit.