Rentals in Austin>Question Details

Ashley D Wil…, Renter in Cedar Park, TX

How hard is it to rent a home when you brake a lease from an apartment complex but NO MONEY is owed to the apartment?

Asked by Ashley D Willis, Cedar Park, TX Thu Feb 20, 2014

I broke a lease over a year ago, I didn't feel that my family was safe there so my boyfriend and myself made the choice to leave 3 months before our lease was up. But we do not owe any money to the apartment complex. Will it be hard to rent a home because of this?

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Austin

Answers

1
Not necessarily. The key thing to do in a situation like this is to submit both verifiable character references and a letter explaining the situation. You are going to have to provide a written explanation of why you thought that it was not a safe situation and be prepared to back up the claim, possibly with a police statistics or police reports. Having a proof of funds with your application that you have enough savings to pay the rent for several months will help too.

At the worst a landlord will say no, however, ones that say yes will likely ask for 2 months security deposits.

If you need an agent to help, I would be happy to help. I work with a lot of rentals and have worked with many families that have credit issues or other unique situations.

Jordan Gouger
Keller Williams
512-693-9297