Rentals in Harlem>Question Details

Mikaela Kelly, Renter in Stanford, CA

How far in advance should I begin looking for housing? I plan to move in August, should I begin contacting renters now?

Asked by Mikaela Kelly, Stanford, CA Tue Jun 5, 2012

1 vote Share Flag Rentals in Harlem

Answers

8
If you haven't found a unit yet, definitely now is the time. There are renovated studios with all utilities included with laundry and parking onsite.

Time for the NYC jaw dropper!!! The unit is going for only $995!!

Feel free to call, text, or email me anytime with housing questions or to set up a private showing.

Robert Collins
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Gold Star Properties
27 Cliff Street, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10038
Cell:347-247-9413
Fax:212-227-8487
http://www.gspny.com/robert
1. When To Start Searching.

Timing is essential. If you commence your search too early it will be hard finding apartments that match your move in date. Besides by the time you are ready to move the apartments you would have seen would more than likely be rented out already. Waiting too late is another ball game. Many people become desperate for a place to move to- especially if it is mandatory that they vacate their current niche by the move date, that they grasp at anything that comes along and deal with the inconvenience for twelve months until the lease expires. The best time to search for an apartment is 30 days prior to your move date. This way you have enough time to breathe and see as many apartments as you want until you find, "thee one" and you match all of the first of the month move in dates.
Please contact me so that we can discuss what you are looking for. My name is Erika and I can be reached at 917-335-8569. I would be happy to assist you. Thank you and good luck.
You should contact areal estate agent first.
Hi, Finding renters in that area can happen very quickly from my experience. I would start getting a handle on what is available to you now so that when you are ready you can easily puill the trigger.

Chris
You can, or you can wait for 6 weeks before you need to begin, which is the earliest most renters really need to look.
The rental market doesn't open up that much in advance, with a few exceptions of an anxious landlord, of course.
Yes, in my opinion I believe you should start contacting landlords now. My reasons are because a lot of apartments are being re- paired and usually are not available after a month or so. Landlords will post an add up even when the apartment is not ready to get a list of possible tenants. You can put a deposit down and hold the apartment until it is available. Landlords are getting very savvy. Have you seen an apartment under repair that has already has a tenant for it? Thats the tenant you want to be.

Also, searching in advance helps you narrow your search and get familiar with the area you want to move to. It gives time for preparation. But to my original statement, searching now gives you a higher chance at finding what you want and seeing apartments that will be ready by the time you are ready to move in.
Hi Mikaela,
You can reach out to brokers and landlords any time between now and two weeks before you move. If you start now, there will not be as many apartments available, since there are not a lot of August availabilites yet. However, as you get closer and closer to August, there will be more August availabilities.
If you have any questions about what's out there and what you get for your money, please ask! Call me at 347.344.8307 or email: nkochmer@citi-habitats.com.
Good luck with your search!
-Nissa