Rentals in Long Beach>Question Details

Jack, Renter in 90807

How do you get in contact with agents for these homes listed on this site?

Asked by Jack, 90807 Fri Sep 7, 2012

Answers

4
Todd Foust’s answer
Jmesha

in response to the wiring of money reply. Yes that is absolutely a red flag. Do not wire any money without verification the person leasing it actually owns it. An agent can help you determine who is on title and then you can see if the name matches.

As a general rule though, if they
- tell you they're looking for a good god fearing family that will just look after the home AND/OR
- list rent price really low AND/OR
- won't meet you in person AND/OR
- tell you to just drive by and let them know if you'l rent it AND/OR
- want you to wire funds without any sort of contract

Then its a SCAM, property may be for lease but people running this ad are scamming. Be careful.

With this home in particular. its actually for sale and not listed for rent on mls.
The real owners name is:
Baker Family Trust

The listing agent for sale is:
Craig Marson (ymarscra) DRE# 01210177 Cell 562-682-1944

You should call Craig and make sure that its not really for rent and I'm sure he'd like to know where you saw the fraudulent ad if that turns out to be the case.

Good instincts on this one Jmesha!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
I agree. Look at the bottom of the listing and they will list local area agents. Find one that is active, has good referrals, etc.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
When you are on the property detail page, scroll to bottom of sheet and you'll see a "contact the agent" form.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 7, 2012
Hello Jmesha,
Please feel free to email me the address of the properties you are interested in and I will be happy to answer any questions you have.

DJ Bonner
djbonner@kw.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 7, 2012
The owner is stating if we like the rental home to send money by wire for our deposit. Is this right? It is for the location 317 East 61st Street, Long Beach CA 90805. His home is for sale but he has it listed to be rented. I don't trust this too much.
Flag Fri Sep 7, 2012