in response to the wiring of money reply. Yes that is absolutely a red flag. Do not wire any money without verification the person leasing it actually owns it. An agent can help you determine who is on title and then you can see if the name matches.
As a general rule though, if they
- tell you they're looking for a good god fearing family that will just look after the home AND/OR
- list rent price really low AND/OR
- won't meet you in person AND/OR
- tell you to just drive by and let them know if you'l rent it AND/OR
- want you to wire funds without any sort of contract
Then its a SCAM, property may be for lease but people running this ad are scamming. Be careful.
With this home in particular. its actually for sale and not listed for rent on mls.
The real owners name is:
Baker Family Trust
The listing agent for sale is:
Craig Marson (ymarscra) DRE# 01210177 Cell 562-682-1944
You should call Craig and make sure that its not really for rent and I'm sure he'd like to know where you saw the fraudulent ad if that turns out to be the case.
Good instincts on this one Jmesha!