Rentals in Dallas>Question Details

kntmj, Renter in Albuquerque, NM

How do I go about finding a relocation specialist that won't cost an arm and a leg?

Asked by kntmj, Albuquerque, NM Sun Feb 12, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in Dallas

Help the community by answering this question:


There are plenty of "specialists" but pretty much we're all going to ask the same questions:
1. Where will you be working?
2. How close a commute do you want that to be?
3. What amenities (like parks, schools, places to eat, etc) do you want near your home?
4. What's your budget?
5. How much space (bedrooms, living/dining) do you need?

Then we'll probably suggest some communities that meet those criteria and direct you to some specific websites or other information so you can research lifestyles and so on.

Look for some designations that might indicate their ability to help, such as CRP (Certified Relocation Professional), but most of us have experience dealing with the moving issues. Try the website below to see a map and plot various sights, amenities and other useful information.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 19, 2012
I am a life long native of Dallas and would be happy to assist you in relocating. I have been helping alot of people who have moved to this area. I work throughout the DFW metroplex in all areas.

Liz Renfro, Realtor
William Davis Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
I am FREE - happy to assist you !

I specialize in residential leasing

Dallas homes for rent by owner Dallas TX

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
The apartment communities usually only require a $100 to $400 deposit...instead of 1 month's rent.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
If you are moving here and are unfamiliar with the area, then leasing in an apartment community (which could be a highrise, townhome, loft, or traditional apartment) would allow you to sign a shorter lease term than in a privately-owned house, townhome or condo. Privately-owned properties generally require at least a 12 month lease and 1-month's deposit. With an apartment, you could lease for a shorter lease term, for example 3, 6 or 9 months. This would give you time to get to know the areas and where you really want to be. I've been selling and leasing since 1999 and 99% of the time, when I show people the rental houses on the market and what they could get for the same price or much less in an apartment (highrise, loft, townhome, etc.)....they almost always choose the the apartment. I work with many out-of-town clients. I personally tour all of them so that I can show them the different areas of town, communities and save people time and frustration of trying to figure out where they're going.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
Hey there,

Your smart to begin researching now so you can zero in on a specific area when moving time comes. The good news is that leasing assistance won't cost you a thing! We need to look at things beyond your specific house requirements like distance to work, schools (if you have children), the activities and amenities you'd like to be near, etc. in order to find the best possible location. Feel free to contact me - I work with relo clients frequently.

Andrea Brooks
Keller Williams
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
Sorry I wasn't more clear. My husband and I will be relocating to Dallas from Las Vegas, NV in October. We are looking to rent a condo, house, or townhouse initially when we get there. We know nothing about the city period so we are starting our research now. Thanks for all the comments.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
Are you listing for sale or buying a property, that is the question?

0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
Suggest you call Bruce - if an agent's services are secured through a relocation company then the agent generally incurs a hefty fee for the lead and that fee may pay some portion of benefit back to the employee.
If you find an agent with relo experience on your own and there are no negotiated limitations with your employer then you can likely work with them. Just be sure you ask the question so you don't lose assistance.

Good luck to you!
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
I will try to help you.
Not sure exactly what you mean by relocation specialist?

Please email me with the details you need and we will see if we can assist you.

Bruce Lynn
Keller Williams Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
If you're looking to buy something, a buyer's agent's services don't cost you anything. Their services are paid out of a property's listing agent's commission. Are you moving for a new job? Your new employer may offer relocation services. Check with them. If you need an agent, I am an Accredited Buyer's Rep. Call me, I'd love to help!

Beau Beasley
214 966-2100
Web Reference:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 13, 2012
I help people to find apartment rentals in the DFW Metroplex. My service is absolutely free and I offer a cash rebate or free 2 hour move based on the apt community leased & rental term length. Vanessa Bamback, Haute City Living, 214-564-4548
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 12, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Texas > Dallas County > Dallas > Rentals in Dallas > Question
Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer