Rentals in 60016>Question Details

Pablo, Renter in 60016

How do I find out if the house I want to rent is legal to rent because they say they are out of the country?

Asked by Pablo, 60016 Sat Dec 29, 2012

0 votes Share Flag Rentals in 60016

Answers

9
That Sounds like is is a scam!!!! Please do yourself a favor and don't send any money! Just talk to an agent and will check everything for you for free!

Daniel Mirea
773-814-2131
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Sep 23, 2013
It is most likely illegal
i have the same question - i found a home for rent but when you drive by it has a for sale on it? i used hotpads.com and inquired about the house and i received and email back saying these particular people are missionaries and want to rent out there home. My husband is skeptical so i dont know how to go about finding out if these people are legit. I live in florida and i am just wondering if anyone knows how to go about finding that info.
its frequently on here, If they respond they tell you to drive by it and look at the outside of the property. Then they say how him and his wife moved out of town and have decided to rent it. or they are missionaries and out of the country looking for a God fearing person. They then tell you they require a $500 deposit and then they will send keys. Ive encountered them about 6 times now.
it is probably a scam i had one of those and it turned out to be a scam online print. so donot go for it. thanks
Flag Thu Jun 13, 2013
If you can not meet the REAL owner
OR
there are NO PROFESSIONALS involved (Realtor(r), attorney, management company), whose address you know and have access to,

you should keep your money in your pocket.

Your nose is telling you something doesn't smell right. If you don't respect your instincts, you may end up waving 'good-bye' to your money.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
Who do you call for maintenance issues and where would you send your rent check?
I suggest you check with the local government offices. What is the address of the property and I will research it for you - 847.322.3885
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 29, 2012
It sounds like a bogus rental ad on Craigslist- This type of scam has been surfacing for at least the last 5 years-never send anyone money for a property rental that You have not seen- Call Me if You have any other Questions on this- 773-710-7782
It probably is not a real rental post then... These scams are very common. You should never send payments or cash for a property you haven't seen. Feel free to contact me via my website and I can do some digging for you.