Rentals in San Francisco>Question Details

Cory Zimmerm…, Renter in San Mateo County, CA

How difficult is it to get a Below Market Rent apartment in San Francisco? What are the steps I need to take?

Asked by Cory Zimmerman, San Mateo County, CA Mon Apr 2, 2012

Answers

3
Lotus Lee has gone out of her way to give you superb advice. May I suggest you give her a ring and thank her for the time she took to get you the data?

Astrid Lacitis
Keynote Properties
415 860 0765
It can be difficult but doable as I have experience renting out a family residence in San Francisco at probably slightly below market rate since my objective was to minimalize turnover. You need to constantly check the rental listing boards, like Craigslist. When I listed the place on Craigslist, I literally received 50 emails within a few hours. What did the lucky "winner" do to get my place? Be very prompt and professional when meeting. Have your current credit report ready to be turned in with your application. Obviously, your record should be clean and there should not be any questions or concerns on your application or otherwise owners will simply move on. There are simply too many well qualified to choose from. Good luck!!!
Hi Mr Zimmerman:

You are looking to rent and not buy right?
Follow these easy instructions for BMR rentals in SF sponsored by the SF Mayor's Office of Housing

Go to sf-moh.org, click on to HOUSING DIVISION, then RENTERS,
then, current listings for BMR RENTAL UNITS in SF (middle of the page).

From there you find a list of current listings and instruction on how to apply.

Helen Yuen, Realtor Associate, Land & Property Investments, Inc SF Sunset Office with parking
Call with a question * Buy * Sell * Moving * Financing (415) 469-0577 helenyuen@lpirealtor.com
Web Reference: http://www.sf-moh.org