Rentals in Middletown>Question Details

Blessed, Renter in Wilmington, CA

How can I rent with bad credit but a good income?

Asked by Blessed, Wilmington, CA Sat Feb 5, 2011

Answers

4
Mark & Paula Atteberry’s answer
Look to individuals rather than big complexes. Smaller landlords often don't do credit reports. Having excellent personal references and even records from local people you pay on time (auto insurance agent, daycare, phone or cable bills) can make the decision easier for them.

Mark Atteberry, Expert Louisville Realtor
Blessed I own rental property in Hamilton and am willing to take people with bad credit. The thing is they must be working on not making it worse. Don't be surprised if the landlord asks for a money order or cash for rental payment. The biggest thing is be up front. When I find surprises from researching the rental application that is a bad thing.
Much will depend on the individual landlord; one could consider offering extra security deposit, possibly pre-pay some of the rent, etc.
Middletown, . . . it's been awhile since I've been there.

Some landlords might be willing to work with you. You'll need to be honest, and you'll need to explain what happened. S/he will understand if you've experienced a few bumps along the way, but s/he will want to know what steps you've taken to resolve that/those issue(s).