Rentals in Old Bridge>Question Details

Brenda Pagan, Renter in Old Bridge, NJ

How can I rent with bad credit?

Asked by Brenda Pagan, Old Bridge, NJ Sun Apr 21, 2013

How can I rent, or prove that I would be a good, trustworthy tenant if my credit score is low. My credit score is low, not due to open accounts, but due to accounts that were placed into credit, for lack of paying them on time and still showing up on my report. Now while I won't make any excuses I was young and didn't realize the importance of the need to keep my credit clean, plus my ex fiancé (the father of my children) really put a hurting in my pockets as well that helped contribute to me being in this tough spot. However I am a mature, employed for over 6 years, supervisor in my department, have the funds to rent, just don't have a good credit report, and it's just so frustrating and quite depressing to be turned down time after time when I know fully well that money is not the issue.

Answers

2
There are a lot of people with bad credit. They all must be living somewhere.
typically when I have a client with bad credit we look at why it is bad and determine if it recent and continuing issues.

some landlords don't even check the credit they just look at income.
Brenda,

I am a Real Estate Agent who currently services the Middlesex County and Monmouth County areas and would be happy to help you find an apartment to rent. I have had some recent success in renting apartments to clients with credit issues. Give me a call at your convenience and we can discuss your situation in more detail and how I can help you.

Ron Sheedy
Coldwell Banker - Robert Michael Realty
(732) 239-7452 Cell
rdsheed@comast.net